Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about Guitar Pro

• 09-10-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Does anyone know if Guitar Pro a produce a tab from a cd? Basically, I am looking for a tab for a solo (John Sykes is the guitar player) and cant find a tab anywhere for it. Can Guitar pro create a tab from the cd? Not sure if I am explaining myself properly here!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

KevLeppard wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Guitar Pro a produce a tab from a cd? Basically, I am looking for a tab for a solo (John Sykes is the guitar player) and cant find a tab anywhere for it. Can Guitar pro create a tab from the cd? Not sure if I am explaining myself properly here!
    If you want to know if guitar pro will figure out a song for you, it won't. All the tabs are made by people figuring them out and putting the tab together using guitar pro.
    Just out of interest, what song is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

Thanks for that.

Its Baby Please Dont Go by Thin Lizzy and the live version of Dont Break Me Heart Again by Whitesnake from Rock in Rio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

You could try stripping away all the vocals and then running it through a pitch recognition program? That'd recognize and record the rhythm accurately and you wouldn't need to make too many adjustments to the pitches either.

Not what'd you call easy though, you're better off trying to figure the tab out for yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Do yourself a favour and download transcribe ...great program. Been using it for years. You'll learn a lot more using this program about solos than any tabs out there. Quite a lot of those online tabs are incorrect.
    Saying that though Guitar pro is a great program. Especially with RSE. It's a great little practising tool. Highly recommend both programs. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm not sure if it'll help you but Guitar Pro can import MIDI. You'll probably have to play around with the note lengths but it's a start.

• Advertisement

Do yourself a favour and download transcribe ...great program.
    Do you have a link for that program?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Here ya go Mal .....

Here ya go Mal .....
    Nice one, I'll check it out later.

Advertisement