Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swords CX Race - 9th Oct - Brackenstown

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Ha ha, crazy Look guy.

Good turnout today, seemed quite a fun course (if a bit lacking in mud suck).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

Yes, that was quite fun in the way that self inflicted pain can sometimes be! It was a nice, fast little course and all rideable except where you had to hop off for the barriers though the tight corners would have been slippy if it had been wet. The great thing about cx is that it's all over in an hour and when you get lapped by Mr Seymour and co you get to do a lap less!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭amjon.

Lumen wrote: »
    Ha ha, crazy Look guy.

Good turnout today, seemed quite a fun course (if a bit lacking in mud suck).

Thats me! I don't get it? Crazy that I was using Look Delta's or crazy that I wore a skinsuit when 10kg overweight?

Was great fun today, first time on a CX course. Did a warm up lap, fell off a couple of times and thought "Fock, I'm going to die". Was less than gracefull but managed to survive. It's great for getting your bike handeling skills up to speed and a decent way of kicking off the the winter training. Seeing people hammer around on Zipp 303's and full carbon frames was a bit of a suprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

lol...I was on the zips and carbon frame...!! also saw you squeeeeezing into that skinsuit before the start.....!!!! scarred for life....!

Great race... course was nuts..... so fast.... even with the headwind.... With cross every second counts. Take a corner wrong... loose three seconds.... and your chasing hard for the next 60 seconds trying to get back on to the group. Some really tough bits today..found the bit before the kick up hard..bumpy... and then flat out no brakes up the hump and through the next few corners...head down then on the tarmac.... before hitting the field with the boards.... ouch.... well done to everyone today.... Once again sorry about the results.... I'd normally have them up by 4pm or so but the laptop let us down today....Great to see the Tuesday night people out... was behind Redmond on one of the laps at the boards..perfect dismount and remount. I felt like a proud father.

See you all next Saturday for more fun and games...

Ramm were you there....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Great race, hats off to Dave O' Neil.

Yep carbon frames and wheels are becoming more and more the norm. Only reason i wasnt rocking mine...rolled a tub in the warm up....then rolled another one in the race.

Sub 6mins laps, pure heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

mtbireland wrote: »
    Ramm were you there....?

Yup, here's the proof.

130424.jpg

lol...I was on the zips and carbon frame...!! also saw you squeeeeezing into that skinsuit before the start.....!!!! scarred for life....!

Great race... course was nuts..... so fast.... even with the headwind.... With cross every second counts. Take a corner wrong... loose three seconds.... and your chasing hard for the next 60 seconds trying to get back on to the group. Some really tough bits today..found the bit before the kick up hard..bumpy... and then flat out no brakes up the hump and through the next few corners...head down then on the tarmac.... before hitting the field with the boards.... ouch.... well done to everyone today.... Once again sorry about the results.... I'd normally have them up by 4pm or so but the laptop let us down today....Great to see the Tuesday night people out... was behind Redmond on one of the laps at the boards..perfect dismount and remount. I felt like a proud father.

See you all next Saturday for more fun and games...

Ramm were you there....?

Hopefully it will be a slightly easier squeeze next Saturday. Coming from a time trialling backround I found the requirements to steer and go up and down hills quite novel. Where is training on Tuseday?

amjon. wrote: »
    Hopefully it will be a slightly easier squeeze next Saturday. Coming from a time trialling backround I found the requirements to steer and go up and down hills quite novel. Where is training on Tuseday?

Easier?

Appart from the fact that it tried to rock your body to pieces that was a pretty non technical course (bar the 'drop' of death) compared to some others.

But thats cross.

Bring on Tymon and the stickiest mud on the circuit.

I may have sucked, but I had a super time. If anyone is thinking about having a go, do. It's great fun.

jeeez Raam I thought you were going to be a typical boardy with flappy shorts and lights on and not breaking any traffic lights..!! What's with the tone...?? shame on you...!!

Tymon.... hmmmmmm still a fast course..... less bumps.... just as short a lap... been a long time since we raced there dry so who knows what it will be like....

Cross training on Tuesday's is in Woodstown in Ballycullen..... big thread on here about it with directions... I'm too lazy/tired to find it right now..!

• Advertisement

Tone? :confused:

Tymon in the dry would be exceptionally fast. Looking forward to it if it stays this way.

The bridge may actually have grip on it!

Raam wrote: »
    Tone? :confused:

yeah you see the bulges on the arms and legs..!!

yeah you see the bulges on the arms and legs..!!

Ah, tone!
    That's cos I have no body fat. Now excuse me while I tuck into this giant Dominos pizza and two garlic breads. :pac:

Not your voice tone...which is typically roadie esque
    ;)

Thats me! I don't get it? Crazy that I was using Look Delta's or crazy that I wore a skinsuit when 10kg overweight?

The pedals! Can you run up wet steps in those?

That skinsuit is cool.

I'd love one of Cipo's skinsuits from back in the day.

Do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Results are up
    http://mtbireland.com/cyclocross/news.php

Last place for yours truly.

Just curious, I was lapped once by the winners, so I didn't do the last lap. Is that why I am marked as two laps down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Results are up

Just curious, I was lapped once by the winners, so I didn't do the last lap. Is that why I am marked as two laps down?

It was a bit confusing for spectators too. Maybe you were just about to be lapped again when the winners crossed the line leaving you as last man on the course as everyone just completed the lap they were on. You started at the back and passed a shed load of people so you couldn't actually be last.

Yeah maybe issues due to laptop, Dave is working on it, so don't abuse him.....too much....yet

10th -17th... Roll a tub, loose 7 places. Gotta love cross, loose places if something even small goes wrong.

Awesome, roll on TYmon.

Results are up

Yeah you defnitely did better than that. We both started towards the back but you pulled away from me throughout the race I reckon. I was down as 21st so you must have been a few places ahead at least.

Results are up

any idea who you were dicing with? numbers or names or club gear?

This lady, and I think this chap and this other chap. I remember the white Sidi shoes. I was with them but I think they all must have finished ahead of me at the end. Justin from Epic (I think he is with them) passed me near the end too.

This lady, and I think this chap and this other chap. I remember the white Sidi shoes. I was with them but I think they all must have finished ahead of me at the end. Justin from Epic (I think he is with them) passed me near the end too.

Francine is the lovely lady in question.

RAAM, think you were in around 25-30 ish. You were visable to me coming into the big brown wide corner down to the run up while i was on the way up toward the kicker for maybe the first 8 laps (??) so if you droppe a few places. Were you near a lad in MAD kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Swordsdave

raam this overshoot lost you few places! you weren`t happy!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I wasn't happy. But at least I didn't throw my bike in the bush :pac:

Yeah I wasn't happy. But at least I didn't throw my bike in the bush :pac:

It deserved it.

Well the front wheel did anyway

• Advertisement

I've passed that on Raam and will update it when I get the ammended results back. Shame about the results as it is something we've always been very fussy about. Anyway it will be boxed off for this weekend..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

Results are up

Yeah, I was a bit curious about the results too although I had no idea where I was placing on the course. I thought I had passed a fair few during the course of the race (though I did start pretty near the back). After being ahead of Raam early on, he passed me later and pulled a bit of a gap but then I passed him again with maybe a lap or so to go when he was stopped with a mechanical. I know my support team (wife and kids) thought that I was higher up the placings than is shown.
    No worries though, maybe that is where I finished and whatever, it was great fun and a great little course. Thanks to all involved in putting it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Merida

That was my first cx race, and boy did I enjoy it, can't wait for next week, didn't realise you could have so much fun riding a bicycle around fields, bit disapointed when I saw results, down as 2nd last when I know there was more behind me. Have to hand it to Dave and Robin there enthusiasm for the sport is great. The sport can only grow with lads like them around.

Hey guys we've never had such a catastrophic failure in our results running ten years of races. If you think your result was wrong please let me know and we'll fix it before the race this weekend. Just tell us who you were racing against and ahead/behind and we'll do the rest. This Saturday by 4pm we will have lap times and proper finish results up. Apologies again, this is not the norm by any means. Email me david gill AT gmail dot com....

Thanks for that Merida.... makes all the effort worth while.....

See you tomorrow night for more training.......

Advertisement