Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Cup on Al Jazeera Sport +3

• 09-10-2010 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Al Jazeera Sport Strike again , Just watching the 3rd live game to-day.

Currently Munster v London Irish , Earlier Lenister v Racing Metro then Scarlets V Perpingan .

It SKY Sports Commentary but there is a presenter + 2 analysts in a Studio so looks like it will be here for the Season

My SUB for Al Jazeera Sport is the best 119 Euro I have spent in a long time,

Just to add to-day's 3 games replicate Sky Sports 1 coverage , If that continues we wll get the Top 3 games (From a UK/Ireland Point of View) every Mach Day

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Currently Munster v London Irish , Earlier Lenister v Racing Metro then Scarlets V Perpingan .

It SKY Sports Commentary but there is a presenter + 2 analysts in a Studio so looks like it will be here for the Season

I pay zero for france2
    I saw Clermont v sarazens today fta
    tolouse v wasps tomorrow

munster v toulon next saturday at 330pm on france2
    biarittz v ulster at 3pm sunday week also on france2

with some audio broadcast by rte radio1 and newstalk alongside the france2 live pictures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CircusIntro

Thats Fine but most people on Here are not looking for French Teams with French Commentary , Al Jazeera Sport has 10 Channels of Top Sport , Even last night there was 9 Euro 2012 qualifiers live and all with English Commentary even RTE's George Hamilton was belting it out on JSC +6
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

it's an unbelievable card alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

Just to add to-day's 3 games replicate Sky Sports 1 coverage , If that continues we wll get the Top 3 games (From a UK/Ireland Point of View) every Mach Day

Good News:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

great card got mine a few days ago,full day of rugby and all we need is the french to get beat by romania now on aljazeera+3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I am wondering though what will happen when there is football on. Will the Heineken Cup get the same extensive coverage then?

I thoroughly enjoyed the Al Jazeera coverage today. It was Sky Sports commentary but the pictures were slightly different. For example we could hear all the swooshing when Sky have stuff wizzing around on the screen but not see it, thankfully. Also we could hear the commentator talk about a replay but we were seeing a live shot from the stadium.

Can't fault it for the price though.

more rugby today on jsc#+3
    13.00 Studio Live - Rugby Heineken Cup :
    Bath vs Biarritz
    15.00 Studio Live - Rugby Heineken Cup :
    Toulouse vs London Wasps

Friday nights game is scheduled for +10. Time to add +9 and +10 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I would say if they have a studio scenario (Like they do for championship/champions league soccer) then its likely to be on there for good. If only Al Jazeera had a couple of HD channels then they would be one of the best broadcasters around!

Even just 2 transponders to spread their 10 channels over would be great. The picture quality is shocking at times.

• Advertisement

Just as I feared. The Leinster game doesn't seem to be on but at least the Barcelona game is on 2 separate channels at the same time :mad:

ya was looking forward to another match but the no game:mad: p*****d off big time

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Hi, where is the cheapest please to buy this card with all 10 channels please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

The cheapest that I have found for the 10 channels is tech digital on ebay. I bought a jsc card of them a month ago and had no poblems. It costs £117 including postage.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Al-Jazeera-Sports-Card-10-Channels-12-Month-Viaccess4-/190455726158?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item2c580bc04e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

mixed up wrote: »
    Hi, where is the cheapest please to buy this card with all 10 channels please?

I wouldn't get it just yet for the Heineken cup... they had zero games live last weekend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CircusIntro

I wouldn't get it just yet for the Heineken cup... they had zero games live last weekend :(

Thats Rubbish , They had 1 on Friday , Ospreys v London Irish , 2 on Saturday Edinburgh v Northampton Saints followed by Munster V Toulon.

It was disappointing the Leinster game was not on though,

I dont know about Sunday as I was not at home

They had 3 live games.

Sunday was dominated by Serie A. I think they showed every single match so rugby didn't get a look in. They did show games on delay though. Complete overkill imo but if you like Serie A you would have loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

Thats Rubbish , They had 1 on Friday , Ospreys v London Irish , 2 on Saturday Edinburgh v Northampton Saints followed by Munster V Toulon.

It was disappointing the Leinster game was not on though,

I dont know about Sunday as I was not at home
    Minstrel27 wrote: »
    They had 3 live games.

Sunday was dominated by Serie A. I think they showed every single match so rugby didn't get a look in. They did show games on delay though. Complete overkill imo but if you like Serie A you would have loved it.

:o... apologies all, I was going off LJs site which didn't show HCup any games for Sat/Sun (I simply forgot about the Friday night game)... I was also using http://www.jsc-sports-guide.com -> but failed to check the correct channel :o

I might get one myself so...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 budgi3

Anyone know if this weekend's Heineken Cup games will be on JSC? The english schedule doesn't seem to be updated for this weekend:
    http://www.jsc-sports-guide.com/tv/sat/11

That's the problem with that site. We wont know until late of Friday/early Saturday.

• Advertisement

Is it even online in Arabic anywhere? Google translate does Arabic to English translation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭irishchris

hi guys
    i have 4 day epg on my vu+ for jsc sports. what time/day are the matches on and i can check

Heineken Cup games for this weekend are listed here:
    http://liveonsat.com/LJ_rugby_union.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭irishchris

not home till later so can check then for yee or just try this site and see http://www.jsc-sports-guide.com/tv/thu/3

irishchris wrote: »
    not home till later so can check then for yee or just try this site and see http://www.jsc-sports-guide.com/tv/thu/3
    the listings there look to be a week behind

We have live rugby this weekend :)

Friday
    Glasgow vs Toulouse [L] +3

Saturday
    Live - RUGBY - HEINEKEN CUP: ULSTER v BATH +10
    Live - RUGBY - HEINEKEN CUP: SARACENS v RACING METRO +10

Sunday
    Rugby: Munster vs Ospreys [L] +3
    Rugby: London Irish vs Toulon [L] +3

No Leinster game :( but still 5 live games.

Thanks for looking that up.

Leinster Game is FTA on France 2 (5west) this weekend.

Turns out the Leinster game is on the sky red button, so you won't even get to see this game with an ntl/UPC sky sports connection.

The Sky Player should have it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement