Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you make money from a blog

Options
  • 09-10-2010 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I have a blog and having checked the stats it would appear I'm getting 1,000 visits a day. Currently there are no ads on the blog.

Could I make any money from it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Short answer - yes

How much would depend on the site's niche and what kind of adverts you put on it. The simplest option would be Google Adsense, but there are plenty of other options.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Celebrity gossip Perez Hilton (pen name) was so poor he could not afford to pay for Internet access. He started his blog in free wifi access coffee cafes in the States about 3 or so years ago, and is now a multi-millionaire. Ironically, he did not have unique gossip sources, rather he just "borrowed" from other gossip sites, but his spin became outrageously popular (or unpopular if you were a target of his gossip blog). Advertisers love to link to his site and pay well. So yes, some have made money from blogging.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Beverley Macca

Hits now per day 1,333. I need some advice as to how to turn these hits into a few pints of guinness once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Hits now per day 1,333. I need some advice as to how to turn these hits into a few pints of guinness once a month.

Hits? Do you mean pageviews? or visitors?

Hits are an obsolete metric from the late 90's used to make your site sound extremely busy. One page with 100 images visited once would be 101 hits.

If it's pageviews that would probably earn you about 15* pints of Guinness per month with Google Adsense. :pac:

*Based upon my own eCPM of €2.53 - your own eCPM will depend on the the cost of advertising in the market you're blogging about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I asked the very same question a year ago.
    I can happily say that nowadays it's paid for my hosting and domain name for the next 50-60 years. :)

Content is king, always remember that.
    Keep plugging away with quality articles, info etc and get yerself a nice little looking site. There is money out there waiting to be tapped in to :)

Out of interest, what's the URL of the site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 gaillimh_abu

I have a blog and having checked the stats it would appear I'm getting 1,000 visits a day. Currently there are no ads on the blog.

Could I make any money from it?

You can for sure.. And i hope you do :)

Depending on the niche - You can use affiliate links or you can sell links direct for examples to others in the Niche. If you have a "reasonable" Google Pagerank - it makes it more attractive to other webmasters.

I had a successful Football Blog that I started and was earning money from:

Google Adsense
    Backlink Sales ( Manually & also Automatically on 3rd part text link sales sites )
    Affiliate Link Purchases

Best of luck

Advertisement