Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent a Room Scheme & Rent allowance

Options
  • 09-10-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all, need a bit of info.

Ive decided I need to rent a room in my own apartment, so it would be under the rent a room scheme. A prospective tenant is looking to partly pay with rent allowance. How will this work? Do i need to register with PRTB? Or just complete the form at the end of year declaring income?

Any help/advice welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

NO NEED to register with the prtb,theres a section on the form,state i,m renting under the rent a room scheme,rent recieved =x amount,the first 10k is tax free ,if rent is more than ten k per year, you, r taxed at the standard rate.
    SEE www.revenue.ie search rent a room scheme.
    you need to get a tax form ,ie you need to declare the income,even though its unlikely you,d be liable for any tax.and you need to fill in a form for the welfare officer, its part of the tenants ra application,ie theres a section for landlord ,to be completed by landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SQ80

Thanks ricman, appreciate the reply. I know there are other threads with this question but i was getting very confused! Seems fairly straightforward then

Advertisement