Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Cms for ascetics

Options
  • 09-10-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi Guys im wondering if any one knows what the best CMS is for Ascetics and such, i dont have the time to design a good website with dreamweaver and such and i was thinking about using joomla as i have heard good things, last site i made i just used wordpress and edited things and it came out really well but not as much control obviously as html im looking for something of a mix.

Regards
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

There shouldn't be any limits to the design aesthetic based on the CMS you use. I can't speak definitively about CMS's other than WordPress, but you have complete control over the generated output HTML and CSS, and can use any design you can find free online, buy, or have the skills to make yourself. All good CMS's will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Regardless of the CMS, you'll have certain limitations and that comes more down to HTML potential rather than the actual CMS.

With a CMS, you need to make sure your design is robust and built to grow/expand.

A lot of people swear by wordpress as a CMS, but there are easier systems to template. Our CMS of choice for example is Typo3. It's probably the most flexible of the lot - but has a massive learning curve.

Everyone will recommend their CMS of choice, it's best to choose a CMS that meets your requirements from a functionality and security point of view and learn it inside out. When you know your chosen system, the limitations will be small

Advertisement