Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raising Tiles 7mm

• 09-10-2010 6:58pm
    Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭

hi Folks,

I have 7 mm tiles and these will meet -7mm laminate laid on top of 7mm fiberboard. So 14mm.

So I need to raise the tiles 7mm. The shop told me that this was no problem with the adhesive. Its a very small area to be tiled (under stove) so amount of adhesive is not an issue.

Can anyone see a problem with this?

Thanks a lot,

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Nope, a good thick base will be no problem...7mm would probably be fairly normal under tiles anyway....put plenty down and wiggle the tiles until you have your level...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

johneym wrote: »
    hi Folks,

I have 7 mm tiles and these will meet -7mm laminate laid on top of 7mm fiberboard. So 14mm.

So I need to raise the tiles 7mm. The shop told me that this was no problem with the adhesive. Its a very small area to be tiled (under stove) so amount of adhesive is not an issue.

Can anyone see a problem with this?

Thanks a lot,

John

May not be that small if you are meeting the regs in Diagram 9 on page 14 here
    http://www.environ.ie/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/BuildingStandards/FileDownLoad,1650,en.pdf

• Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭johneym

yawn.....what u are looking at is for a gas appliance and has nothing to do with the question.

Thanks Sids...good to know.

John

Advertisement