Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Lays.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

x PyRo wrote: »
    I was wondering what the hell you were on about. :pac:

Hopefully he's lucky for us, small risk for tidy returns just to see him lose. If he goes off odds on I will be slightly surprised. I thought he'd be around 6/4, which is still too short.
    Moved out to 11/10 now - good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I have it backed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

come on heir to be

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Heir To Be looks well handicapped if running to his previous form, now 5 and 12lbs lower than his last 2 wins, which where last year. He's back to his favoured 2m 6f trip and if his jumping clicks he may prove a lot better than his 23.0 price tag.

Surely clicked. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

good stuff man...followed you on that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

super pick again

jumped on the bandwagon today so im thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Moffo

Well done again Pyro...you're on a roll :D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭morninwood

i salute you oh wise one. you just made me 20 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Some man, not only lay the odds on fav but telling us the 22/1 is in the running to win it. Thanks Pyro.

Good stuff lads, thought he came with a winning run but he's so damn awkward, that's a nice few quid for little risk. Very happy with that. :)
    darsar wrote: »
    Some man, not only lay the odds on fav but telling us the 22/1 is in the running to win it. Thanks Pyro.

Cheers mate, I did mention 2 others who ran like donkeys so it wasn't exactly mind boggling stuff. :pac: Delighted though and made a handy few quid there. :)

I'll leave it at that, no point in me getting greedy.

• Advertisement

I'll leave it at that, no point in me getting greedy.

Too right, I have a very small on the nose bet for your backed horse and I'll be leaving it at that myself until I wake up to your selections tomorrow :)

Heir To Be set a new course record there. :eek:

The bank makes for nice reading, really exceeded my expectations tbh. Only early days yet.

Bank - €1,220.08c (+€220.08c)

Bets placed - 8
    Successful - 7
    SR - 87.5%
    Won - €239.08c
    Lost - €19.00c

Great stuff Pyro. I think you're taking the right approach... a few well thought out Lays in the week at reasonably short odds. Well done so far. :)

Cheers Moffo, taking her easy so far! I'd rather build this up slowly than go completely gung-ho but I do like the odd mad one, like Shakespeare's Son yesterday. :D Mad in terms of monetary risk, not saying he had a great chance or anything, he didn't. :pac:

I'm just disappointed that my other lay, The Darling Boy (2:50 Wincanton), ended up getting beaten with ease. Could of laid him at very short odds around even money but I decided against it. That would of been a lovely one to get too.

Cheers for the messages Moffo, glad to have you posting around here. :) I think you've made more posts in the last 2 days than you did in the previous 2 1/2 years. :pac:

Cheers for the messages Moffo, glad to have you posting around here. :) I think you've made more posts in the last 2 days than you did in the previous 2 1/2 years. :pac:

Yeah..its' funny, because I only found this forum a couple of weeks ago, and went to register, found I had an old log in to Boards.ie :P

Just watched the race on Sporting Life... looked a very awkward ride for Tony McCoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Brilliant again. My strike rate is 3/3 following x PyRo, having missed a few. My bank is up 10% this week alone. Cheers!

Good stuff man, every little helps. If we can keep adding 10% a week it'd be very nice in the long term. I don't even what to calculate it because it'd be massive after a while! Here's hoping. :)

Risky one. :pac: It's only a 4 runner race but wide open, he's too short for my liking. Hopefully he's beaten.

2:45 Cheltenham - Frontier Dancer - Lay €43.48c @ 3.3 (Liability €100)

Easy winner in an easy race last time out, this is much tougher despite it being another 4 runner Novices' Chase. He won on soft ground on a right handed track LTO, scoring by 13 lengths, he now comes to a very testing left handed track over tough obstacles. He's a good jumper but on his only spin at this course over hurdles he ended up falling. His record on Good ground is 0 from 5, although he has won on GF. I'm pretty certain that he's better on softer ground and will find it tough against a Nicholls horse who should relish conditions. Rebel Du Maquis made all to win over hurdles when last seen, he now takes to fences and like a lot of Nicholls' first time out Chasers, I expect him to win. Ruby Walsh takes the ride too, he has already won on this fellow when landing a 16 runner novice hurdle by 17 lengths. He won last time out on quick ground and I think he'll find things to his liking today. He has went well after a break before and has previous experience over fences when making his debut in France. He should be primed and ready to take this contest, he looks the likely winner to me and a much better betting proposition than Frontier Dancer is at the moment., he also has to give the Nicholls horse 7lbs which certainly doesn't help. Wolf Moon has big claims on his hurdle form, he likes all ground and stays even further than this trip, I reckon he has a fair chance of going close too and at 5.0 he looks a lot better value than the Twiston-Davies horse. He has also won 2 out of 3 at this course and this jockey gets on very well with him. Gee Dee Nen isn't without a chance but could be outclassed here, not really expecting him to provide too much opposition to the other 3 but who knows. If he wins I'll be more than happy to be wrong. I could be way off the mark with Frontier Dancer here but I feel he is vulnerable in this company and at 3.3 represents no value. The Nicholls horse is a worth favourite and I'd expect he'll be even shorter come tomorrow, hopefully my one drifts.

That's race is 1.45 mate, I'm guessing your using betfair app?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

That's race is 1.45 mate, I'm guessing your using betfair app?!

Or maybe you are ;)

• Advertisement

What the hell. On betfair there is no 2.45 on my mates MacBook!!! There is a 2.45 on my betfair I phone app.

His GMT must be wrong because it's saying Chelthenham on 15/10/10 there is a 2.20 and a 2.55 race, no 2.45!!

What the hell. On betfair there is no 2.45 on my mates MacBook!!! There is a 2.45 on my betfair I phone app.

His GMT must be wrong because it's saying Chelthenham on 15/10/10 there is a 2.20 and a 2.55 race, no 2.45!!

It say on betfair on MacBook that London is GMT+1!!

Well done pyro, I was nervous with the 4 horse race!

Get in there.... or don't ... chalk it up Pyro.. you're a legend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Well done Pyro, I was rooting for ya... and had Ruby backed :D

Lovely! :)

Bank - €1,263.56c (+€263.56c)

Bets placed - 9
    Successful - 8
    SR - 89%
    Won - €282.56c
    Lost - €19.00c

Didn't realize he was beaten by 20 lengths, nice.

Thanks for the comments lads, this is going swimmingly. :)

No more today, back tomorrow if I find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭morninwood

thanks man. you made me 45 yoyos in two days. keep it up.

Good stuff mate, I'll do my best. :) I'm going to keep calling them 'risky' until one actually runs like a risky one. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Just saw this thread! Excellent stuff Pyro! Going along very nicely! :)

Advertisement