Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Lays.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Just under a week and a 125% bank, thats slick dude.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Cheers lads, makes much nicer reading than my other thread, that's for sure! Hopefully it keeps producing the goods in the long term and I haven't started off with too much luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Pyro you can lay Await the Dawn in the Champion Stakes at 12 on betfair,not bad for a non runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

greetings wrote: »
    Pyro you can lay Await the Dawn in the Champion Stakes at 12 on betfair,not bad for a non runner.

Surely they wouldn't pay out and instead refund your stake?

Not sure about the rules on betfair to be honest,could well be right,probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

They refund stake. Sure imagine the big lads that have thousands on a favourite that refuses at the stalls or something!

For some strange reason it hadn't clicked with me that they'd gone NRNB.

I'm doing the opposite to what I done yesterday, I'm now laying the Nicholls/Walsh combination. Risky! :pac: I do believe he warrants being layed at this price.

3:15 Cheltenham - Royal Mix - Lay €50 @ 3.0 (Liability €100)

This looks a tough assignment for the potentially classy Nicholls hurdler, I reckon he'll make a classy sort some day soon but this could be very very tough to win. He made his debut for this yard at the back end of 09 after running on the flat in France. He won well beating subsequent G1 winner Me Voici in the process. That form looks great but when you consider that Me Voici has since finished 19 lengths behind Barizan (who was 2nd) at Aintree in a Group 1 it doesn't stack up too well. Royal Mix faces off with Barizan here and it will be a massive test for him to win here. The Evan Williams trained 4 year old won easily in a G1 at Punchestown when last seen, beating a good field by over 12 lengths. He often flies out in front setting a ferocious gallop and if that happens again here my lay selection will have an awfully tough time. Barizan also has a good record when fresh and may not be in need of the run as badly as the Nicholls import. Another thing to consider is his flat form on quick ground, he never ran too well on quickish ground and it should be very very quick today, playing right into the hands of Barizan. He also handles the track wonderfully and is a C&D winner with 2 second places in Grade 1 and Grade 2 level. Tony McCoy takes the ride and he has a fine record on him with 5 wins from 8 runs with 2 2nd's and a 3rd place.

Many others could come into it but I think that Barizan is the one to beat, he holds all the keys to this race and although the Nicholls horse should prove to be a good type I think he is far too short at 3.0. I wouldn't go near him unless I got a significantly larger price. He won't get to dictate and this is a tough track if you're not 100% up to scratch and he may need the run out before tackling that type of opposition. Orsippus is also a Grade 1 winner and he comes into the reckoning too, he has beaten Barizan before but form has since been dramatically reversed. Royal Mix is my lay of the day and I reckon he'll have to be something very special to win against 2 proven Grade 1 performers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

torn between laying this or backing barizan.

surely barizan will take the world of beating imo but
    you are the man in form right now

Royal Mix very well backed,favourite in places. Hopefully he falls at the first. :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah he's holding up well, even if I'm wrong I still think that Barizan should be miles clear for favouritism.

Definitely. I'd take grade one winning form over a novice win anyday

should be favourite alright
    i can't resist the price

hopefully he'll be 10 lenghts clear jumping the last :)

Hopefully mate, I would of backed him but I'd rather lay this one at these prices. Good luck with the bet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Well done yet again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

well done

Barizan's jumping cost him.

The lay was successful though. :)

Edit : Cheers lads. :)

well done pryo

Cheers mate, pity about your Barizan bet, his jumping really let him down.

Bank - €1,313.56c (+€313.56c)

Bets placed - 10
    Successful - 9
    SR - 90%
    Won - €332.56c
    Lost - €19.00c

I'll be honest, this has really exceeded my expectations. I thought I'd be crap at it, might be beginners luck but it's going along wonderfully.

He was beaten,just not by the horse a lot of us expected it to be beat by,what a good performance though,good call.

• Advertisement

Cheers G.

No lays today, I don't lay on the Sabbath day.

haha not really, just can't find anything worth risking money on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Moffo

Well done again Pyro.. you can really pick the losers ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 decamoto

Any lays today Pyro?

Advertisement