Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush in Dublin 2011?

Options
  • 09-10-2010 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

i had a free house for the afternoon and decided to get out my Snakes & Arrows dvd . God it brought back the memories volume up to 11, as per Spinal Tap . had the windows shaking, it was the business . It got me thinking, with the likelyhood of a european tour next year, how many of ye reckon they might play the 02? i believe it was considered on the last tour, but didnt happen because the venue was being rebuilt . I know there mightnt be enough Rush fans in ireland to fill the place, but a lot of guys seem to travel to several gigs on the tour, so i am reckoning quite a few brits would travel, plus various others . anyway, just curious what you all think .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Really hope so, but wherever they play, I will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It almost happened last tour , met Howard Ungerleider , head of Rush's light show on the last tour and he said they wanted to come, but it would require 2 gigs( Dublin and Belfast) to make it viailble, but the Point was under renovation at the time. For me, this was a good thing, no way would wife have let me go abroad to see them if they played here LOL. Instead, saw them on 5 of the UK gigs, 2 Rotterdam and Toronto.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Any idea when tour dates for Europe will be announced?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I wouldn't be surprised if they used the occasion of their visit to London on November 10th (to receive the Living Legend Award from Classic Rock magazine) to announce/confirm next year's European dates.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Holy frak if Rush played Ireland i would lose my mind. Would 101% be there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Im quietly optimistic that Ireland will be included in their next European tour

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

galwayrush wrote: »
    It almost happened last tour , met Howard Ungerleider , head of Rush's light show on the last tour and he said they wanted to come, but it would require 2 gigs( Dublin and Belfast) to make it viailble, but the Point was under renovation at the time. For me, this was a good thing, no way would wife have let me go abroad to see them if they played here LOL. Instead, saw them on 5 of the UK gigs, 2 Rotterdam and Toronto.:D

8 times, luck you :) Did you see them in the 80's at all? Would have loved to have seen them then and I would love to see them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭congress3

Only started listening to them last year, some class stuff and would definitely love to see them coming to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I'd definitely go if they came!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I will go to both Belfast and Dublin if they do come and if not I will definitely be hitting up a UK gig. Have to see them live before they hang it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

i'll of course be there, in fact ANY rock fan/metal fan/musician who DOESNT see them if they come here are realllyy sad,,, this is THE best act out there and a must for anyy music fan or musician,, their ability is just soo farr up above the rest sheer class :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dublin gig would be amazing

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

This would be class. If they played a few gigs in the UK too I'd head to more than 1.

Class band; class musicians; class music.

This night, 3 years ago since the best gig of the tour at the MEN Arena in Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

This night, 3 years ago since the best gig of the tour at the MEN Arena in Manchester.

Best gig I've ever been to, that one! Even if they announced a show here I'd be tempted to head over there again too.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

i went to the MEN gig on the R30 tour. The previous night we had been to the birmingham gig , the first time i had seen the boys since HYF wembley 1988 .The best place i have seen Rush in the last two tours, was rotterdam for the last night on the R30 tour . I brought my wife, so she could see what all the fuss was about, then practically ignored her for the whole show . She was amazed that everyone sitting around us, me included, seemed to know most of the drum movements by neil . Pure anorak territory, but also heaven !!

I was at Birmingham NEC for the R30 and S&A tours ... both unreal. If Dublin or Belfast isn't included on the Euro 2011 tour , I'd happliy go back to the NEC - handy to get to , handy to get out of.

i went to the MEN gig on the R30 tour. The previous night we had been to the birmingham gig , the first time i had seen the boys since HYF wembley 1988 .The best place i have seen Rush in the last two tours, was rotterdam for the last night on the R30 tour . I brought my wife, so she could see what all the fuss was about, then practically ignored her for the whole show . She was amazed that everyone sitting around us, me included, seemed to know most of the drum movements by neil . Pure anorak territory, but also heaven !!

RayCon wrote: »
    I was at Birmingham NEC for the R30 and S&A tours ... both unreal. If Dublin or Belfast isn't included on the Euro 2011 tour , I'd happliy go back to the NEC - handy to get to , handy to get out of.

I was at all those gigs as well..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kane2006

I'd say it would be unlikely they'd hit Dublin, they have guaranteed crowds in the UK & I'm sure it works for them financially.

I saw them in the wembley arena a few years ago, awesome stuff. Ended up meeting Geddy in the Tate Modern the next day!

Rush possibly touring Europe may 2011, with Dublin being considered as the last night of the tour.:) It's only planning stage yet, but here's hoping.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Rush possibly touring Europe may 2011, with Dublin being considered as the last night of the tour.:) It's only planning stage yet, but here's hoping.:cool:

That and Roger Waters in close proximity:eek::D

The lighting guy Howard the source ???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I think Dublin could be easily justified - plus there are loads of UK fans who would happily make the trip over to Dublin and/or Belfast, especially if it was on a weekend. (Rush fans tend to be the ones with the finances for such things!)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

RayCon wrote: »
    The lighting guy Howard the source ???

From a friend in Holland involved in booking music venues.;)

From a friend in Holland involved in booking music venues.;)

post_thanks.gif Juicey ..... niceone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Jesus lads i cut off my right arm for them to play here... Look out for the Rick Allen from Def Lep lookalike at the gig:pac:

Jesus lads i cut off my right arm for them to play here... Look out for the Rick Allen from Def Lep lookalike at the gig:pac:

Dont want to be too pedantic but he lost his left arm ....;)

Looks like may 29th Ahoy, Rotterdam. Other dates will be build around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Looks like may 29th Ahoy, Rotterdam. Other dates will be build around this.

I really, really hope the Dublin gig (if it happens) doesn't land in the last week of May as I'll be out of the country! The O2 is booked on some nights at that time so hopefully that will work in my favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

If this happens and conflicts with my final year exams i will be VERY p!ssed

Advertisement