Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush in Dublin 2011?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Anyone going to London next week for the Beyond the Lighted Stage screening with Geddy Q&A?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Anyone going to London next week for the Beyond the Lighted Stage screening with Geddy Q&A?

Wish i was,few friends of mine are going, easy for them, they live nearby... bastards..LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Hmm, will we get euro dates on monday night?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Either then, or on Wednesday at the Classic Rock Awards. If that Rotterdam show is already confirmed, then (most of) the other dates are probably in place too. That rumour of ending the tour in Dublin is certainly feasible, as the O2 is free at the start of June.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ShumanTheHuman

Very excited about the possibly of them playing here, excitement building about the new album. Heres a quote from Nick Raskulinecz about how its shaping up: clicky
    "Epic" is such a beautiful word:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Radio Nova just said Rush are playin Dublin ... didn't confirm a date though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

RayCon wrote: »
    Radio Nova just said Rush are playin Dublin ... didn't confirm a date though

Any more info?? Was it an advertisement or DJ announcement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ShumanTheHuman

rushisaband has picked up on it, looks like the Odyssey so far. Announcement tomorrow morning 9am, presumably for the whole tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Nova are going on about something that they'll announce tomorrow that will be in the O2. Either way it'd be great, Dublin, Belfast, I don't mind. Might get over to Manchester again as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Had been considering going to mainland Europe for a show or two, but be it Dublin, Belfast, Cork, wherever in this county; I'll be there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Fingers crossed for Dublin.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Didn't really think about it but now it seems it's an actual possibility :eek:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ChairmanWow

Great news and only 11 days before Roger Waters, May will be a good month.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

i was right i was right i was right i was right i was right i was right i was right

RayCon wrote: »
    Im quietly optimistic that Ireland will be included in their next European tour

Man Im good ....:P;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

So was that a mass-pants-wetting across the membership of the Rock & Metal forum this morning then? :D

Or was it just me? :eek::o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

peter1892 wrote: »
    Or was it just me? :eek::o:D

Nope :)

I'm still in shock. Can't wait to hear
    Time Stand Still
    live in Dublin. I couldn't pick a favourite Rush album / song but that album reminds me of good times from long ago...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

FUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Because this is such a historic event I reckon all of us here who have wished for this gig for such a long time should meet up and make it the best night ever and one we will never forget. We have plenty of time to get this together. Everybody who wishes should contribute ideas on where we should meet up.

• Advertisement

rednik wrote: »
    Everybody who wishes should contribute ideas on where we should meet up.

Surely it has to be Rush Village , Co. Dublin ;)

fingalmap.gif

Advertisement