Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bertie berated in the pub?

• 09-10-2010 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what poor bertie was berated for down the pub the other night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

changes wrote: »
    No Possible idea! whatever is happening the world!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I heard on the radio but don't remember fully. Something about a husband and the care, or perhaps lack of, his deceased wife received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭skullzxr

Maybe Paddy the Plasterer was plastered and was asked for the dig out back.......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

As long as it happens everytime he puts his head in public I don't really care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Haha, oddly enough I saw Bertie in Fagan's last night propping up the bar after the football. I didn't berate him though, he looked sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

hopefully he'll be lashed everytime he shows his face in public until such time that he crawls back under the rock he slithered out from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Haha, oddly enough I saw Bertie in Fagan's last night propping up the bar after the football. I didn't berate him though, he looked sad.

So would you if you had been at the match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Poor auld Bertie. As if dignity as a former head of government wasn't reduced enough by emerging from a cupboard in Stillorgan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... down the pub the other night.
    Possibly for showing up uninvited on the set of Eastenders? Do you write headlines for the Daily Mail? - "Ex Southern Irish Prime Minister Gets a Right Earful Dahn the Boozer".

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 115 Verified rep PaulGogartyTD

Politicians always get berated in the pub. Many of us have signed a pledge with Barnardos not to be photographed with alcohol in our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

That article has more
    “He’s spoken to Bertie about his wife’s treatment and thought she should have been moved up to the list because she was so ill.
    What a tosser. Do Irish people not realise that "getting moved up the list" is actually skipping the queue, putting out everyone behind you? Why would a member of the national legislature have influence over a hospital's waiting list? If the guy had criticised him over overall mismanagement, incompetence, inequality and waste in the health service, that would be one thing - but he wanted special favours because he'd give Bertie his No. 1 vote. We have a two-tier system but Disgusted of Drumcondra wants three tiers - public, private, and politicians' buddies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

Politicians always get berated in the pub. Many of us have signed a pledge with Barnardos not to be photographed with alcohol in our hands.
    i would not worry if kids saw you guys with alcohol, what worries me is the ideas that they may come up with, after looking up the present goverment in google etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i am also wondering what bertie did, as on tubridy last night there were people on who said he belittled the position of tiosach, what did he do in this past week, was it a coulm he wrote for some newspaper or what was it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

I don't think the public perception of politicians that should concern you involves alcohol in the hand, you should be worried about peoples perception of snouts in the trough or dicks in the hand pissing against the wind. In other words, you should be worried about being seen as useless self enrichers. As Ivan Yates is constantly saying, 'I can't remember a time in which politics and politicians across the board were held in such low regard'.

In a time of national emergency and you are even on emergency wages, waste is abundant in public bodies and your banking strategy is a farce. There are plenty more things you should be worried about before being photoed with a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

mathepac wrote: »
    Possibly for showing up uninvited on the set of Eastenders? Do you write headlines for the Daily Mail? - "Ex Southern Irish Prime Minister Gets a Right Earful Dahn the Boozer".

What???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

How long before Bertie is physically assaulted ? As much as I don't condone physical violence, I would not be at all surprised if someone did something drastic. If you are walking around with a sneer on your face, blaming others for the mess that you created, and making funny ads for the NOTW, you are asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

goat2 wrote: »
    i am also wondering what bertie did, as on tubridy last night there were people on who said he belittled the position of tiosach, what did he do in this past week, was it a coulm he wrote for some newspaper or what was it

Look up Bertie, cupboard, news of the world on YouTube. The man has no standards or shame, but that's planet Bertie for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

As Ivan Yates is constantly saying, 'I can't remember a time in which politics and politicians across the board were held in such low regard'.
    Doesn't necessarily mean that politicians or their standards have changed though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Poor old Bertie is probably crying all the way to the bank - I feel soooo sorry for him:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Really not a Politics thread.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Im sure Bertie gets berated in the pub, on the street, in the shops etc. Wonder does Mary Harney get berated..... Id like to berate her!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Really not a Politics thread.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

ok..... does Brian Cowen get berated in the pub????;););)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

ok..... does Brian Cowen get berated in the pub????;););)

Inebriated:rolleyes:

galwayrush wrote: »

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

galwayrush wrote: »

Very good!

i am wondering if those copboards are made of steel and can be locked, then we would not see him again,
    he really is making us the laughing stock of europe , even though he is no longer our tiosach, he should remember that and there are certain things you should not do,

I wish he hadn't done that either.:mad:

What's a tiosach ? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Each and every one of us has a debt hanging over our heads because of this scumbag and other corrupt parasites that have pushed our country over a cliff

They should be let know at every opportunity how we feel about this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

A widower berated him because of the poor care his wife received while she was in hospital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Ally Dick wrote: »
    What's a tiosach ? :confused:

apoligies for my spelling sometimes, but to answer that,i really dont know, as for the last few we have had, have me confused

apoligies for my spelling sometimes, but to answer that,i really dont know, as for the last few we have had, have me confused

Good answer. Fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

I wonder what his taoiseach pension is? Isnt he also still a TD ?
    I mean, what does he need a job with a tabloid newspaper for

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

How long before Bertie is physically assaulted ? As much as I don't condone physical violence, I would not be at all surprised if someone did something drastic. If you are walking around with a sneer on your face, blaming others for the mess that you created, and making funny ads for the NOTW, you are asking for trouble.

To be honest, lots of politicians get hassle from constituents while they are out in public. This incident is not exactly ground breaking at all.

I wonder what his taoiseach pension is? Isnt he also still a TD ?
    I mean, what does he need a job with a tabloid newspaper for

Greed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I used to live in Drumcondra and that useless wanker was forever in Fagans with his driver and another cop.

One nite i saw the three of them having a very heated and obviously drink-fuelled argument with lots of pointy finger going on...i remember thinking "this drunken bum is running the country.."

He doesnt drink in the lounge anymore either,he sits in the bar looking very contrite and not a little paranoid everytime a stranger walks in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Degsy wrote: »
    I used to live in Drumcondra and that useless wanker was forever in Fagans with his driver and another cop.

One nite i saw the three of them having a very heated and obviously drink-fuelled argument with lots of pointy finger going on...i remember thinking "this drunken bum is running the country.."

He doesnt drink in the lounge anymore either,he sits in the bar looking very contrite and not a little paranoid everytime a stranger walks in.

Never tempted to have a go at him Degsy?

He drinks in Beaumont House pub on a Saturday night. He's probably there right now. Keeps to himself all of the time. I've never seen anyone approach him. I wouldn't go near him myself, although I do think he is a charlatan

Never tempted to have a go at him Degsy?

Never thought of it but for the leader of a country he was pathetically badly-guarded..i mean somebody could've brained him with a barstool and we wouldnt be in this mess today.

Hindsight is 20/20 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I can't believe that corrupt shameless 8astard can swan into a pub like that with his head held high. I just really, really wish he'd come for a pint in my local.

• Advertisement

I can't believe that corrupt shameless 8astard can swan into a pub like that with his head held high. I just really, really wish he'd come for a pint in my local.

Exactly..the pubs should bar the fcucker..except the owners pubs are corrupt,overcharging bastards that grew fat on the back of his policies.

And people VOTE for this...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He should stick to drinking in cupboards.

And if anybody wants to do a bit of "research" there was a very good reason why that cnunt stepped down before his dirty laundry became public.

flahavaj wrote: »
    He should stick to drinking in cupboards.

I actually laughed out loud..

Degsy wrote: »
    And if anybody wants to do a bit of "research" there was a very good reason why that cnunt stepped down before his dirty laundry became public.

Correct and right. Bertie set the timebombs that went off when he left office

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

He should be berated from one end of this country to another. End of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

I would lift the ****er out of it if I seen him, CJH even called it long long ago that he was the best he's ever seen!!

let nobody be in any doubt that Bertie drove his government and the whole public service down the toilet and sold out every man woman and child in this country. he was not alone and we all know who grew huge investment portfolios, recieved very big backhanders left right and centre for everything from rezoning deals, sub prime mortgage scam, giving away every last drop of our oil gas (and even the biggest deposits of gold found in Europe for a long time, correct me if wrong but I read that Frank Fahy bought the gold site??)

Berties days of peace and quiet in Ireland are numbered imo

I'd love to get Bertie's cupboard with him in it, and f@ck it over a cliff, like in that Cure video !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'd love to get Bertie's cupboard with him in it, and f@ck it over a cliff, like in that Cure video !

...except, unlike Robert Smith of The Cure, he gets to drown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Bertie Ahern, the Haughey of our time. Fucker will get away with anything so he will, after the Manchester friends bailout and Mahon tribunal, I'm not surprised anymore. He's got a neck like a jockey's bollocks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement