Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bertie berated in the pub?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Take a bow People.

This is the man you elected to the most powerful political office on the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

orourkeda wrote: »
    Take a bow People.

This is the man you elected to the most powerful position on the country

3 TIMES!!!!!

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me

Fool me three times......ah lads FFS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Take a bow People.

This is the man you elected to the most powerful political office on the country

NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Thats Charles Haughey's definition of him, and he really is the most cunning of them all...... and Charles Haughey = his mentor!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

El Siglo wrote: »
    He's got a neck like a jockey's bollocks.

I cant make the connection here (neck/jockeys blx).. please elaborate. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

changes wrote: »
    Does anyone know what poor bertie was berated for down the pub the other night.

id give him a lash if someone has a paper bag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Take a bow People.

We didnt. This is a republic, we only directly elect the president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Haha, oddly enough I saw Bertie in Fagan's last night propping up the bar after the football. I didn't berate him though, he looked sad.

Is he a Shamrock Rovers fan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Fair play to the guy, he should be given a medal for calling bertie on his ****. I see bertie drinking int he beaumount house every other week and it boils my ****ing blood to think im even sharing the same room as that survived abortion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Zebra3 wrote: »
    NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somebody did

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 99 ✭✭Royal Dub

what a legacy this buffoon has.......

looking at it and how he has caused the downfall of this great country, I wonder why he doesnt go off and commit suicide.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 99 ✭✭Royal Dub

He even met Paisley at the site of the Battle of the Boyne, and took a gift of a bayonet used to kill our forefathers.

How f*cking apt.

We deserve it of course, all these whiners and whingers on liveline etc should be asked who they voted for in 2002 and 2007.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

goose2005 wrote: »
    That article has more
    What a tosser. Do Irish people not realise that "getting moved up the list" is actually skipping the queue, putting out everyone behind you? Why would a member of the national legislature have influence over a hospital's waiting list? If the guy had criticised him over overall mismanagement, incompetence, inequality and waste in the health service, that would be one thing - but he wanted special favours because he'd give Bertie his No. 1 vote. We have a two-tier system but Disgusted of Drumcondra wants three tiers - public, private, and politicians' buddies.
    TO be honest i would say if i was married and my wife died, and i felt it she could have been treated better and then the next person i see is bertie, it would be understandable to let rip..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

When I first saw the afformentioned ad my blood pressure went up a bit then I had visions of throwing a load of gravy on the f**ker and putting two hungry badgers into the cupboard with him and jamming the door shut. See what happens kind of thing. I cannot f**king stand smug , brass necked people , esp ones that manage to get political power. woosaa!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Its a shame there isnt a Mark Chapman type out there who is fixated on Bertie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

TO be honest i would say if i was married and my wife died, and i felt it she could have been treated better and then the next person i see is bertie, it would be understandable to let rip..

Very true. One thing I have noticed is that Bertie has turned into a sneerer as well. He seems to have a big chip on his shoulder walking around. It's making people more annoyed at him. If he showed an ounce of remorse for the situation he allowed to happen, people might be a bit more tolerant of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

What kind of person serves Bertie in a pub, shop or whatever. Why not tell him to his face that scum aren't served on this premise?

Not just Ahern but any of the treasonous vampires that have got us into this? Would you serve them? I think they should be subject to the original version of Boycott - nothing sold to them, no services provided to them or their families.
    What do think would happen if their family dropped into a station for petrol and were told to drop dead, If their post wasn't delivered etc?
    Boycotting worked in this country before - at a time when they could shoot you dead without any inquiry. At least one developer was ordered out of a restaurant on the demand of the regular customers - how do you think he felt as he and his mates were chucked out?
    How good would it feel to tell them to go to hell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Since when does mistakes warrant insulting commentary? What positive results/action have whingers ever achieved?

Is it not possible to be critical without resorting to ignorant vitriole?

Rabble rage gone mad? What a waste of energy:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Since when does mistakes warrant insulting commentary? What positive results/action have whingers ever achieved?

This country has been badly wronged by this man. We need to vent and let off steam. No harm in a bit of vitriol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Mistakes ?

As for "insulting commentary" and "ignorant vitriole", well I think Ahern set a new low on that front when he told people they'd be better off committing suicide! Mind you, he viewed them as "whingers" too, even though they were telling him to wake up and smell the coffee (warnings he strangely forgets even when apologising for his reaction to said warnings).

I know for a fact that I wouldn't serve the little **** if he came onto my premises.

He still thinks he's adored, FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

In 2009, even after Ahern's spoof on the economy had been called, he was still insulting the likes of David McWilliams calling them 'Walter Mitty' characters.

The stuttering prick still thinks he did no wrong!

He deserves all the insulting commentary he gets and then some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Wheres Looloo when you need him.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Mistakes ?

As for "insulting commentary" and "ignorant vitriole", well I think Ahern set a new low on that front when he told people they'd be better off committing suicide! Mind you, he viewed them as "whingers" too, even though they were telling him to wake up and smell the coffee (warnings he strangely forgets even when apologising for his reaction to said warnings).

I know for a fact that I wouldn't serve the little **** if he came onto my premises.

He still thinks he's adored, FFS!

Yes he has made some mistakes, and his comment about suicide was way out of order. But he did good too (NI Peace Agreement) and his speech to the British Houses was one of his finest moments of any Irish political representative has ever enjoyed. He did us real proud that day, well doen Bertie, his heart was well intentioned most of the time.

BTW I'm not a FFer!

Why would anyone allow disagreement get in the way of common courtesy/basic decency? Sure that's worse than failure:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Yes he has made some mistakes, and his comment about suicide was way out of order. But he did good too (NI Peace Agreement) and his speech to the British Houses was one of his finest moments of any Irish political representative has ever enjoyed. He did us real proud that day, well doen Bertie, his heart was well intentioned most of the time.

BTW I'm not a FFer!

Why would anyone allow disagreement get in the way of common courtesy/basic decency? Sure that's worse than failure:(

This post has to be addressed.

............ But he did good too (NI Peace Agreement) ...............(

His role was only a small part, the major work was done long before he got involved. He was only Taoiseach for 10 months when the agreement was signed, but the a55hole has claimed 100% of the credit.

........... his speech to the British Houses was one of his finest moments of any Irish political representative has ever enjoyed. He did us real proud that day, well doen Bertie, his heart was well intentioned most of the time.
    .............(

This is really taking the p1ss. The man cannot talk properly, his accent and diction are atrocious. His speech was just something someone else wrote for him, and read out by him.

Ahern was a populist. The Bass drinking, Man Utd, Dub supporting Bertie were all creations designed to appeal to the masses. He has to be one of the most obnoxious individuals to have ever held office in this country (and the competition is high).
    He is Ray Burke, Liam Lawlor and Charlie Haughey, all rolled into one. He is a crook, a slieveen, a con-man, all rolled into one. He is morally corrupt, he is morally bankrupt and politically, a shining example of his Party.

We are a country, destroyed beyond repair, by this man, his actions and his culture. His legacy will remain with us for ever more, unfortunately.

To anyone who ever voted for him, and his cronies, hang your head in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Politicians always get berated in the pub. Many of us have signed a pledge with Barnardos not to be photographed with alcohol in our hands.

I take it you all have drinking gloves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Ally Dick wrote: »
    He drinks in Beaumont House pub on a Saturday night.

Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Take a bow People.

I didn't vote for the twunt

Gophur wrote: »
    This post has to be addressed.

His role was only a small part, the major work was done long before he got involved. He was only Taoiseach for 10 months when the agreement was signed, but the a55hole has claimed 100% of the credit.

This is really taking the p1ss. The man cannot talk properly, his accent and diction are atrocious. His speech was just something someone else wrote for him, and read out by him.

Ahern was a populist. The Bass drinking, Man Utd, Dub supporting Bertie were all creations designed to appeal to the masses. He has to be one of the most obnoxious individuals to have ever held office in this country (and the competition is high).
    He is Ray Burke, Liam Lawlor and Charlie Haughey, all rolled into one. He is a crook, a slieveen, a con-man, all rolled into one. He is morally corrupt, he is morally bankrupt and politically, a shining example of his Party.

We are a country, destroyed beyond repair, by this man, his actions and his culture. His legacy will remain with us for ever more, unfortunately.

To anyone who ever voted for him, and his cronies, hang your head in shame.
    You're in denial. Many people mostly Irish played a part in bringing about the calamitous situation in which the country now finds itself. From the humble newspaper seller/milk delivery guy borrowing on the strength of equity of an overinflated corporation house to 'get rich quick' and buy apartments in Spain, Bulgaria etc right up through the demographic ranks to Financial company CEOs who aided and abetted speculative developers, not to mention the now silent public servants who failed miserably within the regulatory authorities etc all have questions to answer. The one that never fails me is how quick and hypocritical the Irish can be when it comes to the blame game.

There is nothing wrong with being populist, ejoying Bass, being Dub or supporting Man Utd etc. On the contrary you should hang your head in shame, as your analysis is nothing short of being ignorant and resorting to insult demonstrates a lack of restrain which is pitiful and failing to acknowledge the wider causes or indeed the confidence to scope a recovery more sad than acts of crime. :(

Advertisement