Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"no, I'm actually an athiest"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I've been praying for all of this to end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

NoQuarter wrote: »
    So.....Has ANYONE been converted to either side then??
    I have, I have become a smug condescending prick of an Athiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

Lol, well to even the balance ill convert to being a zombie creationist... must...obey....ancient....childrens book....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Become?

Isn't this the default Athiest position?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Become?

Isn't this the default Athiest position?

S/He always was always smug condescending prick, s/he now just believes that s/he has justification for it in the form of atheism.;)

Disclaimer : Not saying that Doc was ever a prick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

zuroph wrote: »
    I've been praying for all of this to end.

You mean you're one of those looney 'end times' fundies who eagerly awaits The Rapture?! :eek:
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Oh, I've always been a condescending prick, but today I have realised it is not my fault, it is not my personality, it is because I am an Atheist.

Thank God Jesus Superman I solved that one anyway, PHEW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

NoQuarter wrote: »
    So.....Has ANYONE been converted to either side then??

I'm in. An Morrigan all the way from here on in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Thread has now evolved into the usual Circle jerk.

Why, all aspects of evolution must indeed be true.

• Advertisement

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Circle jerk.

OI! Don't insult circles they have feelings too you know. Stop being so smug about it!

Threads is now evolved into the usual Circle jerk.

Don't you mean 'intelligently designed linear jerk' Pete?

Thread has now evolved into the usual Circle jerk.

Ah, but i see that the predictability of Outlaw Pete jumping in with a stupid comment with nothing to add every couple of hours is still constant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Oh, I've always been a condescending prick, but today I have realised it is not my fault, it is not my personality, it is because I am an Atheist.

Thank God Jesus Superman I solved that one anyway, PHEW!

Have you renounced the Irish anthem & taken up your new one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Ah, but i see that the predictability of Outlaw Pete jumping in with a stupid comment with nothing to add every couple of hours is still constant!

The consistency of nature is indeed strange :p/no_offense! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

Atheists come in every personality, same as Christians or ( insert any other persuasion of belief or none, or nationality blah blah.. ).

Some are self conceited assholes, some aren't, it's all in the delivery...and every person is different.

In fairness to the bad ole atheists, some of them are - ye know - alright to talk to..So long as they don't make the 'announcement' straight off and start talking about evolution or Richard Dawkins, then they are probably ok..lol..

and half the fun is the debate and the chat!

bty, wear sunscreen...

...always!

The consistency of nature is indeed strange :p/no_offense! :D

I'd no idea you were insulting me until you said "no offence" :P

circle jerk circle jerk............

lmaopml wrote: »
    Atheists come in every personality, same as Christians or ( insert any other persuasion of belief or none, or nationality blah blah.. ).

Some are self conceited assholes, some aren't, it's all in the delivery...and every person is different.

In fairness to the bad ole atheists, some of them are - ye know - alright to talk to..So long as they don't make the 'announcement' straight off and start talking about evolution or Richard Dawkins, then they are probably ok..lol..

and half the fun is the debate and the chat!

bty, wear sunscreen...

...always!

Ohh if only you had of made that post 1128 posts ago Lmao. We might have all saved ourselves a lot of effort.....wouldn't have been half as much fun though. Vader rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hey guys. Im back. Hows the form. (not entirely sober)
    Did anybody reply to my post about apes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Well, that's how I tend to use the Internet, online for a few hours, offline for a few, sorry if you live online.

Must be a drag to live like that I really, especially when that's all the existence that you think you'll ever have, you not believing in an afterlife and all.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »

Apparently it was smelly Sean. Nice try though.

Galvasean wrote: »

No, but you could with reading and replying to some of medicman's post. I've almost given up as he actually hasn't replied to any of mine yet. Didn't you say you were leaving for two days though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭JohnathanM

Must be a drag to live like that I really, especially when that's all the existence that you think you'll ever have, you not believing in an afterlife and all.

Miiiaow! So what's it to be, Outlaw? You and Stuffins on the main street at high noon, fastest to draw handbags lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aquaman

PAULWATSON wrote: »
    These days, it seems everyone is tearing about the place mouthing off about "being an athiest".

Is this some sort of snobbish "new, new Ireland" thing that has passed me bye?

No bible basher myself, however I don't ever want to be confused with an athiest. I don't pride myself on "the scientific method", or believe in evolution for that matter.

One thing always bothered me about evolution, according to the theory the people around you are the fittest "best of the best" after two million years of dog eat dog. Now looking at this lot, what must the prototype have been like, a right clown I'd say.

(paedo this, paedo that, blah, blah, catholic church, blah, had enough, blah, superstition, blah, we're so educated, blah.)

Are you a smug little athiest?

If you believe in physical traits being passed down from parent to child (looks, agility, co-ordination), you believe in evolution!
    It's as simple as that.

Well, that's how I tend to use the Internet, online for a few hours, offline for a few, sorry if you live online.

Not at all. Sundays are awesome when there's nothing to do but rake the money in playing online poker and watch rubbish on You Tube :D

Although, you have about 2.5 times the amount of posts I have.

Logic is a great thing, you should try it sometime ;)

JohnathanM wrote: »
    Miiiaow! So what's it to be, Outlaw? You and Stuffins on the main street at high noon, fastest to draw handbags lives?

Hahaha, it's great isn't it?

Personal insults on the internet from someone i've never met!

And this person is telling me My life must be sad hahaha!

Malty_T wrote: »
    Didn't you say you were leaving for two days though?

This is true. But drinking + internet connection = "bah, I dont have to be up THAT early in the morning"

Hahaha, it's great isn't it?

Personal insults on the internet from someone i've never met!

And this person is telling me My life must be sad hahaha!

Shake yer dicks this pissing contest is over.

Someone lock this megamess of a thread.

• Advertisement

In fairness to him, you did miss out on some quality debate earlier. I had a read of some of the back n' forth between Liah and Jakkass that happened earlier and it was a good read. You'd do well to read such things before coming in and belittling people.

Advertisement