Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Patterson

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Black Oil wrote: »
    More importantly, there's the writing, or rather, what writing, Mr. Patterson?

I'd say Patterson would have a hard time answering that question. I doubt he has the time to inspect the novels in the period between his minions writing them and the novels been sent to the publishing house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cflanagan

The Alex Cross series are good. I already read his other series (Maximum Ride)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Don't asking me why I'm still reading his Alex Cross novels. I'll probably go through them all. Parts of them are like a version of CSI Miami that's been...I don't know what the right word is.

But eh, slightly addictive, ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

Black Oil wrote: »
    Don't asking me why I'm still reading his Alex Cross novels. I'll probably go through them all. Parts of them are like a version of CSI Miami that's been...I don't know what the right word is.

But eh, slightly addictive, ahem.

As weird as it sounds I have to agree with you about his books being addictive... I have read every book he has written and have to say they are getting worse.. When I read "When the wind blows" I really loved it, but the last book I read from him "Toys" was the worst book I have read in a long time... You should read it, I think it will help you beat that addiction.. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Don't they say it's a form of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over whilst expecting different results? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love James Patterson, Roses are Red, Jack and Jill, Cat and Mouse, Honeymoon, Postcard Killers are some of my favs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WickedWest

I love James Patterson - my favorite book is Kiss the Girls :)

I've read 10 of the Alex Cross series now. They seem to get progressively worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

I've read 10 of the Alex Cross series now. They seem to get progressively worse.

That's exactly my point.... Even though they are getting worse you have still read 10.... ;) They are addictive... and I can tell you that they keep going down hill... Its the same with The Murder Club books, the first 2 are good and then its all down hill.... :mad:

Down hill due to the writing and the plotting?

• Advertisement
Advertisement