Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Hacking

Options
  • 09-10-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I have the new PSP 3000 and I was wondering.What are the risks of downgrading the PSP so that I can install custom firmware

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ihateclowns11

Zero risk,even if you brick it theres a program out that unbricks it now,ive got modded ps2,psp,xbox360,and ps3,well worth the risk,you can get any games you want even months before they hit the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

It's just worth noting that while PSP 1000 and 2000's are fully hackable, PSP Brites (PSP 3000s) aren't, but CFW Enabler can be loaded on those with 5.03 firmware and below to run your homebrew and ISOs.

PSP 3000's with the TA-088v3 motherboard and above can be hacked, and the lastest CFW for it is 5.03 GEN-C. It's similar to 5.50 GEN-D3 for fully hacked PSPs - it allows you to run homebrew and all the latest ISO games from inside ChickHEN. The downside to this is that when you turn your PSP off fully you will need to re-do the steps to re-enable the use of ISO games and homebrew on your PSP.

However, you can put your PSP into sleep mode to retain 5.03 GEN-C and the ability to play ISO games and homebrew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

heya guys, over in states at the moment and looking at both used psp's and new psp 300 slims and new psp go, can all of these definitely be hacked? if not which ones? and do I need to look for a specific revision of the console to make sure it can be hacked before I buy? thanks for all help

no need to answer, got all the info I needed on psp-hacks.com, bought a 1001 for 100 dollars, already had 5.03 on it, got the chickhen hack working, its absolutely class, downloading a few emulators now and should be good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

tw0nk wrote: »
    heya guys, over in states at the moment and looking at both used psp's and new psp 300 slims and new psp go, can all of these definitely be hacked? if not which ones? and do I need to look for a specific revision of the console to make sure it can be hacked before I buy? thanks for all help

no need to answer, got all the info I needed on psp-hacks.com, bought a 1001 for 100 dollars, already had 5.03 on it, got the chickhen hack working, its absolutely class, downloading a few emulators now and should be good to go!

Yeh the PSP 1000's are the way to go, they are the only ones that are 'fully' hackable. Let me know if you need any help with emulator's, rom's or homebrew in general, I have a lot of PSP hacking behind me!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Gonzo_Reporter

Hey guys and girls,
    i was given a old PSP a month or so ago. Its a 1000/phat with v6.0 on it.
    What confuses me is if its hackable... from repeated googeling and research it says all psp-1000 are indeed hackable but theyre all old threads pre 6.00 OFM.
    So is my psp hackable with v6 on it?
    A definate answer or a link would be amazing
    Cheers in advance

HACK THE PLANET :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

yes it is hackable you will need a pandora battery but

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Gonzo_Reporter

But...?

Thanks man.
    Went to a few other sites tonight and they kinda said the same thing.. just didn't make it clear if it applied to my psp.
    Just one follow up question... Is the pandora battery purely for my protection or is it actually necessary for the down grade to a different compatible OFW?
    Just got the one battery, don't know anyone with a CFW psp and cant saulder for poo.
    But thanks for the concise but assuring Answer... atleast Im on the right path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 allebs

Just to bump this

Would anyone in Dublin have a Pandora battery they'd be willing to sell (or even rent out for a while). I have PSP 1000 with 5.51 on it and I just need it for a weekend to hack it.

Advertisement