Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in The Gallops

Options
  • 09-10-2010 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Girlfriend and myself are considering putting an offer on a house in The Gallops, before we do want to check if people would recommend The Gallops as somewhere to live or if there are better options nearby? With the luas from next week it seems to be a handy option??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i would advise renting there for two years to see if you like it
    you can then buy at your leisure and i'll bet the prices will have dropped enough that you'll have rented for free

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The Gallops where? The Gallops in Naas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

There are estates called The Gallops all over the Ireland
    But the OP did mention the luas so Leopardstown, could have been a bit clearer but no harm

Yep, rent in the area and see how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

that gallops is in leopardstown it looked nice when it was being built 94/95 iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

LUAS is opening Monday week, which will be a huge asset to that area..

Sister lived there ages ago, but sold house for insane money near peak of boom :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 silversnake_81

Thanks for all the replies. It is the the Gallops in the Leopardstown we are considering buying in. Doe anybody know if the gallops is a noisy or a quite area to live in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I would guess its family central there - so not so many mad parties, but loads of kids floating around :)

Advertisement