Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roller Shutter door remote fault

Options
  • 09-10-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

The sectionalising switch on my shutter door is knackered. Water seems to have ruined the PCB (it was laying in yard for a while during renovations). Will I have to get remotes replaced if I get a new switch. I think door came from a company called paramount doors. Will new switch and remotes end up costing more than door is worth or is there a simple quick fix.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Hello.... Is anyone out there?......

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

1)
    Will I have to get remotes replaced if I get a new switch
    Generally no, but it depends on the make and model.

2)
    I think door came from a company called paramount doors
    I am sure they will know the answer to the above as they know what make and model

3)
    Will new switch and remotes end up costing more than door is worth or is there a simple quick fix.
    See 1 above

Sorry I can't be of more help!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Thanks 2011, Was talking to paramount, about 100e for new remotes etc.
    A bit pricey, same thing on ebay for 50e delivered.

Advertisement