Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NightClubs

• 09-10-2010 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

A bad time to ask this but being it a saturday night ;) but...

What would be cool things to have in a nightclub....apart from hot women and all that...

I mean like beer bong's, super soakers with vodka/bouncy castles or the likes....anyone any crazy suggestions on what your local club should have?

The crazier they are probably means the better they are :cool:

Trying to see what would make a crazy night here, or just how wierd people are ;)

Comments

Less people or quieter music.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Drinks that aren't ridiculously expensive!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Cheap drinks and friendly bouncers. Everything else that clubs think up is really cringe worthy and pathetic. JERSEY SHORE BEACH PARTY!!! YEAAAHHH!!! **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

People that can handle their drink.

But really, more unique environments and Irish people need to broaden their knowledge (s[irits, wines, beers etc) before staff and the experience gets better.
    If you want it and use it, someone will cater for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

timmywex wrote: »
    A bad time to ask this but being it a saturday night ;) but...

What would be cool things to have in a nightclub....apart from hot women and all that...

I mean like beer bong's, super soakers with vodka/bouncy castles or the likes....anyone any crazy suggestions on what your local club should have?

The crazier they are probably means the better they are :cool:

Trying to see what would make a crazy night here, or just how wierd people are ;)

Oh I can just imagine bouncers loving the idea of this.

Anyway I don't know what cool things would work in nightclubs, but I like your ideas anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

was in a club in china where the dancefloor was on springs. it was pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

A bouncy castle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Cool things in a nightclub

- Somewhere to sit
    - Reasonably priced drink
    - Music that doesnt assault your ear drums
    - Girls who sit alone at the bar, and dont bite your face off when you talk to them

was in a club in china where the dancefloor was on springs. it was pretty cool.

Didn't The Beacon in Courtown have a dancefloor on springs?
    Wasn't very bouncy either way, or much fun for that matter.
    Brutal place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Trampolines in the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

timmywex wrote: »

You mean your local nightclub doesn't have these amenities?:confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Staggered closing times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Bedrooms you can rent for an hour at 3am would be pretty good. Or 5 mins even :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

People who aren't hammered.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    People who aren't hammered.
    Stay at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Decent music ie. less of the top 10 crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Signs that are strictly enforced.
    'No fat chicks'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Clean barcounters so when you rest your arms whilst waiting to order you don't end up destroying your clothes in sticky shít

Actually having soap/handwash &handdryers that fúckin work would also be nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Locks on the jacks doors so if your in the very unfortunate position of having to take a dump in a nightclub you dont have to contort yourself and stretch arkwardly to keep the door close while your taking care of business, and if you are going to have cubicals without doors at least make them shorter, at 5'5 its very difficult to manover the door operation sucessfuly after a few

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

No blacks in the jacks

orourkeda wrote: »
    No blacks in the jacks
    I was actually going to post this but in a less racist fashion.

I know they're only trying to make a few bob, and we're really good friends with one of the guys in a club here, but most of them are just plain rude/annoying when they expect you to give them money because they gave you a bit of loo roll. I'd like to go for a piss without having to feel guilty every time I ignore the human bog roll dispenser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Proper music and not the usual Black eyed pea's, rhianna, eminem, Katy Perry etc. music for the masses sh!te these so called dj's are so fond of playing.

That would be a very good start in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Tea, scones & some good books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Decent seating areas, music at a level that doesn't have you shouting for the whole next day, a bar you can sit at would be good too, clean toilets, carpet that doesn't feel sticky underfoot, cheaper drinks, a personal wish is to have bigger choice in the gin offered, the mixer drinks actually at a reasonable price, nice bouncers and great music! I'm not asking for much I know :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

A place with a self-destruct button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Longer opening hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

lots of competitions!!! and women tied to ropes pouring rum in people's mouths :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Proper music and not the usual Black eyed pea's, rhianna, eminem, Katy Perry etc. music for the masses sh!te these so called dj's are so fond of playing.

Yep pretty much thats all they play and they even repeat them over again:p, Music for the skangers you mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Haha, thank god I drink in Fibbers. Can't stand going to places that don't play Rock and Metal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

Jesus, you lot are a bunch of sorry night clubbers, aint ya?

Women who speak English, its rare these days. it be nice to hear a Irish accent once and while.

ddef wrote: »
    Jesus, you lot are a bunch of sorry night clubbers, aint ya?

its the old age you see:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

As geeky as this may be, after playing masseffect 2 I'd love to see a futuristic themed night club complete with ambient futuristic sounding techno playing, **** it it'd be something a little different no?

:p

What?

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    As geeky as this may be, after playing masseffect 2 I'd love to see a futuristic themed night club complete with ambient futuristic sounding techno playing, **** it it'd be something a little different no?
    :p
    What?
    i actually rather like the idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Masturbates to computer games.^

i never did that. Especially not in Tombraider. And i definitely didn't have lara Croft floating in water, swivelling the camera angle to & fro desperately looking for the money shot.

Masturbates to computer games.^
    me? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Chicks that put out on the first date. Chicks that swallow. Chicks that are happy for you to gobble their bits all night.
    That would be a start.

Chicks that put out on the first date. Chicks that swallow. Chicks that are happy for you to gobble their bits all night.
    That would be a start.
    in that case you should be living in america....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

hitman79 wrote: »
    Bedrooms you can rent for an hour at 3am would be pretty good. Or 5 mins even :D

this could be the best invention ever... well this or the " opps i dropped the condom on the floor... im so drunk Lulz " line after you bang the life out of the molly...

but i degress.

not having to sober up at the bar would be great ( i mean... with 10 guys serving an adverage of 4 people a minute while only having to open bottles ( pour shots etc no pint pulling )

jasus... lazy fcukers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

A bomb in the middle of the plaza in tallaght which will detonate on the third chorus of that americano song killing all the scum who go there.

Bap bap americBOOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Pdfile wrote: »
    not having to sober up at the bar would be great ( i mean... with 10 guys serving an adverage of 4 people a minute while only having to open bottles ( pour shots etc no pint pulling )

jasus... lazy fcukers.

Ever work in a busy bar/nightclub??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

The whole night club culture needs to be overhauled. No gimmicks as such but simple changes.

Turn the lights up a little bit, turn down the shi* music ( or change it up , fk popular music ) and lower the price of drink.

The way it is now, the only way you can converse with a cailín is either by going to a overcrowed smoking area or acting like a knob on the dancefloor, dancing to shi* music and looking like a complete spanner in the process. Also, there is nothing to do but 'laps' around the place, as you can't make conversation. It's a obvious ploy by the nightclubs to keep you at the bar drinking, as you'd rather get drunk as funk than standing around staring into space.

No coincidence either that the best part of ones night is back at a house before the club, having a few drinks with mates and getting the choose good music while engaging in conversation, something that's hard to do on a night out.

The whole thing isn't helped either by the amount of idiots that frequent night clubs but that's a different debate on society as a whole :cool:

Yep pretty much thats all they play and they even repeat them over again:p, Music for the skangers you mean.

Wasn't even talking about music for skangers although yeah granted, a lot of music they play is music for skangers too. Talking more about music that you already hear on the popular radio programs day in day out. The likes of music that girls growing up who listened to Westlife, backstreet boys, Celiene Dion et al would typically listen to now....pop music for want of a better word.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Can't stand going to places that don't play Rock and Metal

OK, different strokes for different folks but Rock and Metal is not my thing. I do take your point though that there should certainly be late bars and niteclubs that cater for your taste also as Rock/ Metal has a big following. I on the other hand am more into trance and even a wee bit of tasteful house and know there are plenty of people who generally share my taste in music, suppose it was what you might consider to be the type of music a niteclub should play too maybe. Think we'll both agree that there are far too many joints continuiously pumping out the repetitive commercial music for the masses sh!te though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

The music needs to be turned down and/or changed. I mean, who actually enjoys music at that level on a night out? Surely most DJs out there are tired of playing the same crap, and I bet that's not the kind of music they want to play.

The smoking area should be a third the size of the club with a decent-sized bar inside and with sufficient temperature and ventilation. It's sad to say, but this is where the best times can be had. You can actually hear what people are saying and everybody is having a good time.

A different kind of layout or blueprint of the floor plan with cool (quirky even, but not gimmicky) features.

Drinks promotions every night e.g €3 vodkas. And they should get those showerhead type soft drinks dispensers. Stop charging €2+ extra for the 200ml bottle you throw at me and expect me to mix the drink myself. It's actually unbelievable how common this is in Irish clubs. In other countries they mix the drink for you and put in a little straw and maybe even a piece of fruit. i know, crazy right?

Is that too hard to ask for? I think not.

I would love to open my own club..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Market research much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

The loud music and over priced drinks are generally in venues that play house, electro, trance etc. A good majority of the people that go to those types of place are 18-24, some are social drug user, students and lower income. The drink prices need to be a little higher to recoup some of the cost. Dropping the price doesn't always necessarily encourage drinkers, its about the music. These people prefer loud music.

24yrs plus a usually employed, can afford a drink, but like the odd special here and there. Not much drug use, so alcohol is their vice. Drink more, like normal pub music (pop/rock/alternative) and like to chat and drink more than dance. There are very few pubs that cater for this in Ireland properly due to the early pub closing times.

Bars need to capitalise more on the early 9pm-1am Irish market to make money. Its there.

Rabies wrote: »
    The loud music and over priced drinks are generally in venues that play house, electro, trance etc. A good majority of the people that go to those types of place are 18-24, some are social drug user, students and lower income.

Rabies I feel that them comments are actually very unfair and factually incorrect. There is no doubt in my mind that a fair share of those who frequent the niteclubs who belt out the pop music crap are also social drug users and not necessairly are on higher incomes even generally.
    24yrs plus a usually employed, can afford a drink, but like the odd special here and there. Not much drug use, so alcohol is their vice. Drink more, like normal pub music (pop/rock/alternative) and like to chat and drink more than dance.

I actually take issue with them comments too. I'm 29 (probably a bit old for the whole niteclub thing really) and can well afford a drink and the odd special here and there. Thats not to say I like the idea of paying €5.30 for a bloody bottle of Smirnoff Ice either though in a niteclub (as I did recently when getting a round in). I actually tend not to buy drink in a niteclub if possible due to the extortionate prices. Might justify it if there was no charge at the door but to be charged €15 entry and then squashed in like sardines. It actually wrecks my head to hear the likes of that under my umberella, fat man scoops in the house, in the house etc in a niteclub no matter what the volume. Like this is the type of crap you will hear any day of the week on 2fm, today fm etc so how is that meant to be special? Think I might be a bit at odds with you over what normal pub music is. Also think its fair to say that niteclubs are not the place to chat regardless of the type of music or volume. Maybe they probably were at one stage but don't think they are the correct social setting for chatting to people to anymore. You may say thats just me but I feel there are a fair band of people out there who are on the same wavelength as me all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The loud music and over priced drinks are generally in venues that play house, electro, trance etc. A good majority of the people that go to those types of place are 18-24, some are social drug user, students and lower income. The drink prices need to be a little higher to recoup some of the cost. Dropping the price doesn't always necessarily encourage drinkers, its about the music. These people prefer loud music.

24yrs plus a usually employed, can afford a drink, but like the odd special here and there. Not much drug use, so alcohol is their vice. Drink more, like normal pub music (pop/rock/alternative) and like to chat and drink more than dance. There are very few pubs that cater for this in Ireland properly due to the early pub closing times.

Bars need to capitalise more on the early 9pm-1am Irish market to make money. Its there.

I wish more 18-24 year olds were into house and electro :( I swear in the so called "popular" clubs for this age group they just play Now 75 on shuffle..

Music needs to be mixed up majorly. Should be more themed nights, so people can go to what they enjoy. On saturdays, there should be a decent mix and not just the ****ing top 10.. Drinks well obviosuly they are ridiculous. I honestly would much rather pacing myself and spacing my drinks throughout the night, but instead I generally get plastered before I leave the house because I don't want to cough up a fiver for a long neck..

I also prefer the Spanish system where clubs don't open until 2 and don't close until about 7, this gets more people leaving at different times and stops the "Abra Kedabra/Supermacs" rush at 2:30, but it probably wouldn't suit Irish culture. (can't imagine what state people would be going into a club at 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eatchicken

I'd like a night club where the women outnumber the men. I swear that there is too much testosterone with the odd woman here and there in a typical club especially true of Fitzsimons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement