Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative ISP to Vodafone (Was: HELP HELP HELP)

• 09-10-2010 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Looking to get away from Vodafone because they are the worst isp i have ever had.

The main problem i have now is who to choose???

I live in dublin, vodafone could only ever give me 3mb (sold as 7 and achieving 2.5 max)

Magnet say they can give me 12mb, Eircom 7 NGB i really dont know who to go with.

To be honest I dont really mind what I have to pay, I just want something that works well and won't drop a few times a day.

The higher the speed the better but honestly all I want is something that works.

Can you guys help me decide on the ISP, then I can choose the bundle.

lol would you believe while writing this vodafone drops again, for the 4th time tonight .....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

I'd go with Magnet if I were you, they're probably the best DSL ISP at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Please use more descriptive thread titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Well UPC is great! I have had them for well over a year. They are great folks. Had 3MBmb for a while and it was true to it's speeds getting too just over 400kb/s!

I'm getting about 1.4-1.7/mbs for what I have now.

Works wonders. And never once hassaled me about torrents (sometimes some things are easier to get via torrents, as in legal things).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kaisersosa

Jehuty42 wrote: »
    I'd go with Magnet if I were you, they're probably the best DSL ISP at the moment.

Thx Jehuty,

That seemed to be the one with the least amount of complaints about it lol, if any others have suggestions it would be great. Oh UPC not avaqilable in my area of dublin :( thx anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

If Magnet's own broadband (as opposed to the resold Eircom one) is available from your exchange then it is an excellent product.

• Advertisement
Advertisement