Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adjust derailleurs - Assistance Please!

• 09-10-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Having used mountain bikes for years for just nipping around on, I got a road bike this week (2010 Trek 1.2). Went out for my first spin on it this morning (30 miles!) and was a bit disappointed to find that the gears were all over the place. Attempted to adjust them about 10 miles in, but really hadn’t a clue what I was at, so just went on.

I’ve never adjusted derailleurs before and can’t make sense of the Trek manual (my fault, not the manual's). Can anyone recommend a simple to understand video that could help me adjust them?

Cheers,

T4E

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭cosman9373

Try this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

cosman9373 wrote: »
    Try this

Thanks, that looks like it might help. Will have a go a sorting the gears out in a bit. I can see it doing my head in though... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I always found the docs on ParkTool easy to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

I always found the docs on ParkTool easy to follow.

Thanks for that. In the shed now with the laptop - I think I've got the rear sorted, about to have a crack at the front and see how that goes...

Advertisement