Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Query

Options
  • 09-10-2010 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi I was just wondering if the btea is payed fully during the academic year, september to may, or is it only during the weeks you actually have clases and not midterms and christmass breaks.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

Hey as far as i know yes it is paid continually up until summer then we are cut off and you either get a job or sign on the dole again.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

It's definitely paid every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭TrustNoOne

C'mere t'me ye, I've a question...

Will the allowance be affected by the impending dole cuts? Or Do you just get what you were getting before you started for the entirety of your course?

Or, you know when you have to go on the dole in the summer, will they put you back on your original rate or keep you on the budget adjusted rate?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

Should there be budget cuts, BTEA will also be cut by the same amount as Jobseekers. In the months from May-June to Sept, those in receipt of BTEA will have to sign back on, and will receive whatever the new rate will be. If you where on JB prior to BTEA the summer months will use up more of whatever stamps you have left.

Advertisement