Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC and wireless printing

• 09-10-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi..looking for advise here please.........

I have PC in my kitchen which is not wireless capable.......I have a HP wireless Printer in a sons bedroom upstairs.......Is there any way that I can get something that will allow me to print wirelessly from my PC ..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If your kitchen pc is connected to a router by cable, and your son's pc by wifi, and the printer is shared appropriatley, it should work. You may need to install drivers on the kitchen PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭SparrowTown

Hi..looking for advise here please.........

I have PC in my kitchen which is not wireless capable.......I have a HP wireless Printer in a sons bedroom upstairs.......Is there any way that I can get something that will allow me to print wirelessly from my PC ..

Thanks
    You should be able to get a pcmcia card .One of my laptops had no inbuilt lan and i was able to connect to router and print wirelessly from another pc with one of these cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Thanks guys . . . All a bit complicated for me . . . -Some one at work mentioned a dongle . . ??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭k123456

The PCMCIA card is designed for a slot in laptop, which a PC wont have.

A wireless dongle, plugs into usb port on your PC. When setting these up, generally you need to , first put CD in drive that comes with dongle, install drivers from CD and plug in dongle when prompted. You then will have wirless on your PC

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&client=ie9-lb&psj=1&q=wireless%20dongle&wrapid=tlif12867033564672&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1004&bih=637

Lots of Ebay, make sure it's a make you know, Belkin, Netgear etc or the same make as your router etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

For the love of God avoid Belkin you will pull your hair out trying to get it to work. Linksys, Netgear and DLink are recommended brands. The setup is pretty straight forward TBH, get the son to do it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭SparrowTown

k123456 wrote: »
    The PCMCIA card is designed for a slot in laptop, which a PC wont have.
    :o sorry missed that it was a desktop, assumed laptop as was in kitchen

Advertisement