Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC

Options
  • 09-10-2010 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Heard from a reliable source that KFC are on their way to Tralee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Great!- thats exactly what the town needs - another fast food outlet.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

All we need now is a few more pubs, bookies and 2euro shops:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Soup-kitchens would probably be more popular these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

does your reliable source know where in Tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

when they opened in Galway recently, I heard 5000 applicants went for the 50 or so jobs offered - including unemployed architects/accountants etc. Wouldn't be surprised if there was the same flood of applications if they opened in Tralee! I expect Hillbillys (tastier than KFC imo) will not be pleased with the extra competition!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

dmeehan wrote: »
    does your reliable source know where in Tralee?
    Bailey's corner AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Max Hunter

I crave pop corn chicken right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

A Zinger burger would be a lovely option after a night out, in fairness.

On a similar theme, anyone noticed how busy McDonalds is with the drive-through at weekends now? They seem to be doing some business.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

dapto1 wrote: »
    A Zinger burger would be a lovely option after a night out, in fairness.

On a similar theme, anyone noticed how busy McDonalds is with the drive-through at weekends now? They seem to be doing some business.

Not just weekends, it seems that they are doing steady business during weekdays too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Bailey's corner AFAIK
    Yes,i heard this too,but where kenellys was. I personally dont rate KFC at all,nor hillbillys. Though it hopefully might close down that sh1thole Mickos.

This is why they are extending the road into the drive through now,if anyone has noticed the building works going on there.

McDonalds=licence to print money...

• Advertisement

jebforever wrote: »
    Not just weekends, it seems that they are doing steady business during weekdays too.

Ah, what I meant was during the wee hours. I have been there twice at 3 o'clock in the morning in recent weeks...Don't judge me, judge the driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Does the one in Tralee open all night? The one in Killarney only opens till 12 or 1 am!

Yeah I think it's 24 hour on Friday and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Over the years i have only treaded lightly on the perimeter of the KFC menu. A popcorn chicken here, a fillet burger there, but that changed about 3 weeks ago. for the worse.

On the way home from along drive i was starving so I went through a KFC drive-in and got a meal containing a few big pieces of the chicken. It was revolting stuff. The greasiest mess i have ever seen. yuck.

Apparently they lash the chicken pieces into a special vat thing and close a lid. this means the oil is pressurised and thus forces its way through the chicken flesh in seconds after which it is gathered up and put on display.

How the fukk KFC is still in business is completely beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

ah well there goes any chance of me getting my cholesterol down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Great save me the drive to Cork or Limerick then.I wonder will they do the corn on the kob like they do in the states?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'd hold off on getting your fingers ready for lickin' until there is actually official documented word on KFC opening in Tralee. Usually the first clue is a planning application to convert a premises to a restaurant on Tralee Town Council's planning notice and I don't see any such notice for the Baily's premises or elsewhere in Tralee. Then, the council would have to grant approval and provided no-one objects that decision to Bord Pleanala, only then it can be be confirmed as "opening soon".

Domino's Pizza had to go through a 12 month planning process before eventually opening in Tralee so it is not something that happens overnight.

^ Yes,it does look that way,shop is still to let.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

......KEBAH HOUSE in upper Castle Street !

(used to be Frank's Takeaway) opposite O'Connell's Butchers.

6 pieces of chicken for 10 euro.

10 hot wings for only 5 euro.

and bad spelling too !

• Advertisement

KFC fan signing in !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

and I just started weight watchers :mad::mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I've been craving KFC lately, I hope it comes here....eventually! Heard that rumour for a few years now, wish it would hurry up! That and New Look, River Island, PC World lol....one day perhaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Kerry Fried Chicken?:confused:

I hate both KFC and Hillbillys. Horrible stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

There's always rumours of a KFC or a Burger King rolling into town.

If we get a KFC, we'll also get a Pizza Hut because I think they share owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Not a fan of KFC,not bad but the quality is not as good imo, Suprised there is not more hillbillys addicts.
    Anyone from Cork would know how popular it is there..
    Breast in a bun is my downfall- Cant resist it....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Breast in a bun is my downfall- Cant resist it....
    I just can't resist breasts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement