Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

G36c iron sights

• 09-10-2010 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey guys

So i just picked up a brand new src G36c GenIII today and I took it out to my back garden to test fire, I was at a range of about 40 or so feet and I noticed that all the shots were a bit too low and to the right, I tried adjusting the hop up to compensate and while it helped my shots were still too low even on full hop ( which seems pretty weird)

my guess is the rear sight is probably a bit off but unfortunatly I don't have a proper sized allen key atm to change them. it does seem to be already aligned on the right and screwed down nearly all the way, which seems kinda weird considering I always thought that to zero your sights. you follow the rounds i.e if too low move the sight down or if too to left then move them to the left, I am right in thinking that yeah?

so anyways if anyone else out there has any experience with these kinda sights I'd appreciate it

cheers guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TJ205

I may but wrong but due to the way iron sights work I think, to make them aim lower you raise the rear sight. But I've never actualy adjusted an iron sight so I can't say for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

With irons your ment to adust them in the oppsite direction to what you would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

and take the src g36c hop which can be pretty hit and miss most of the time ,it most likely not you iron sights
    id recommend repacing the standard rubber and nub for a Guarder clear silicon set up over the standard src hop ,should solve the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭UnkieKev

I agree with the above, I have had a JG G36c and currently have a TM G36c, get yourself a guarder clear hop up bucking and make sure you align the hop up correctly. And if your gun is firing high, lower the irons, if its firing low, higher the sights. It's a combination of your hop up and Iron sights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

IcarusIRL wrote: »
    you follow the rounds i.e if too low move the sight down or if too to left then move them to the left, I am right in thinking that yeah?

You have that backwards mate, if it's too low you move the back sights up and if it's too left you move your back sights to the right!
    xXx

• Advertisement
Advertisement