Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spirits - how much do you drink?

Options
  • 09-10-2010 10:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

So after a lengthy absence of alcohol in my life I've had the strange and unexplainable urge to get myself a good bottle of scotch over the last couple of months, even though I was never really into spirits. So I decided to give in to temptation yesterday.

I'm very much enjoying it, but I'm discovering that this can quite easily turn into an expensive habit! So I'm wondering how much you good people drink on a weekly basis, and how much you'd spend?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

This week I drank:

6 beers (3x Galway Hooker, 2x O'Haras, 1x Erdinger)
    2 Half glasses of Wine (Beaujolais & Rioja)
    1 Generous Whisky (Tallisker 10y.o.)

About €25 on the beers, the rioja I use for cooking and cost €6, the beaujolais cost €12 and the talisker that I bought (must be 2 years ago at this stage) cost c. €45

So about €30-35 all told.

In a heavy week I could drink 15-20 beers and 4-5 whiskies, which can easily cost over €100, but that's rare these days. I might give the Beaujolais another go tonight - they say half a glass of red wine is good for the ole ticker.

I would consider myself a fairly heavy drinker though.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Couldn't possiblly tell you how much I spend as I don't keep track and I have built up a large whiskey cabinette over the years. I have bottles open from 12Euro to 500Euro and inbetween so if I pour a regular measure it can cost anything from €0.60C to €25 a glass.

On average I would drink 3-4 glasses of whiskey 3-4 times a week. A couple of glasses of wine and may be 6-10 bottles beers. I usually exceed my 21 unit recomended allowance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

21 unit recomended allowance.
    I think that creaky old nonsense is almost dead now. I've seen several UK beer labels with 1-2 drinks per day on them, which may not have any more medical evidence behind it, but makes a bit more logical sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I drank whisky last week,was bad news,can't remember it.
    Monday I drank 8 bavaria and a can of Karpackie,and last night I had 8 of them. Tonight it'll probably be another 8 Bavaria.

Loads of whiskey/whisky in the drink cabinet, it's overflowing at this stage, but I rarely drink any :o I had two glasses of whisky last week and one so far this week. Different story with beer though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

greetings wrote: »
    I drank whisky last week,was bad news,can't remember it.
    Monday I drank 8 bavaria and a can of Karpackie,and last night I had 8 of them. Tonight it'll probably be another 8 Bavaria.

Are you being punished for something? :pac:

Advertisement