Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010 Dmax hard suspension

• 09-10-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I've a 2010 Dmax, the ride is pretty rough over roads which dont appear to be to rough.

Is there anything that can be done to make the rear suspension softer?
    Just wondering if others have done anything about it.

Cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Deadly Dave

selfdiy wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I've a 2010 Dmax, the ride is pretty rough over roads which dont appear to be to rough.

Is there anything that can be done to make the rear suspension softer?
    Just wondering if others have done anything about it.

Cheers..
    I think there is an extra leaf added to the springs on the back to increase its load capacity so it can be classed as a comercial. Removing the leaf would soften it up. I am sure an expert on here will confirm/clarify this for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

I suspect you're right DD. If you can't remove a spring leaf, have a word with Milners for alternative springs. Quite where that would put you with the plated weight and other issues I don't know.
    http://www.milneroffroad.com/categories.asp?cID=12851

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭selfdiy

I agree, judging by the pictures on milners site those springs only have 4 leafs, the ones fitted to mine have 5.

I wonder which leaf is the best to remove.
    I wonder are the shocks the same for a 5 leaf and 4 leaf setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

You can see which leaf is added, it has been done by Harris' in Dublin.

The Koni shocks they were fitting are not the easiest on the back either. Not sure if they are at their softest setting but they are adjustable

Thanks slidey i'll have a look see can i work out which one it is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

are you running crazy 20" or 22" wheels?

No the factory 16" wheels. Havent checked pressures though maybe something there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I've got 285/75 BFG KO's on my cruiser. You can let them down to about 36 and they soak up a lot of knocks. You'd want to pump them up over 40 though for extended motorway use.
    Got 5 from camskill for 700 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

lads it's a 4x4 pickup, it's gonna be bouncy. They may be like cars inside these days and look posher than they used to, but they're not cars by a long shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I had a look at one that was in stock the other day and they no longer have the konis fitted. The extra leaf seems to a bit more professional than the earlier ones.

I would say the extra leaf is the one with the clamp on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

a half tonne of sand in the back will smoothen out thr ride, but not do much for your fuel use!

I guess a half ton of sand would keep it down! I found a trailer with three axels amplifies the problem further!!

I'm going to leave it for awhile and see if it softens out, not allot of milage on it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Slidey wrote: »
    I had a look at one that was in stock the other day and they no longer have the konis fitted. The extra leaf seems to a bit more professional than the earlier ones.

I would say the extra leaf is the one with the clamp on it.
    the extra leaf is still there, i have 100kg or so of tools in the back and let the tyres down by 3psi and it seems to be fairly smooth

Advertisement