Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Internet Provider

• 09-10-2010 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I would like to get a new internet connection - preferably an ISP's that has the 20-30MB Dl & 2MB+ Upload rates. And also allows Static IP's.

So far im looking at UPC :) is that the way to go? I can't rely on Eircom anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

UPC really are the way to go. Best prices for the bandwidth that they offer. Not to mention that the 250GB FUP is pretty decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 moojo

Improbable wrote: »
    UPC really are the way to go. Best prices for the bandwidth that they offer. Not to mention that the 250GB FUP is pretty decent.

do they allow static ip's tho?

I was got a static IP off eircom for 50 quid, moved houses 6 months later and they told me i'll need to buy a new one ahah ::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

I'm fairly certain that they don't do static IP's, even as an additional option. What would you be needing it for? Is there any way to get around that necessity?

Improbable wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain that they don't do static IP's, even as an additional option. What would you be needing it for? Is there any way to get around that necessity?

i've got a dedicated server for my personal website. Nevertheless there is a way to get around it; i'll have to use no-ip and do alot of forwardings to my original url. But their packages look sweet!

Thanks!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

UPC don't give static IPs. You can't run a server on UPC's network, they won't allow it. If you're running a website then you need a web hosting company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

You would need UPC's SME Professional package (20/1.5), €59 + VAT p.m.

From http://business.upc.ie/products/small_to_medium_enterprises/faqs/
    What is the difference between the residential and the business package?
    UPC business broadband has the following differences:

* Dedicated business support team
    * Static IP address available
    * Voice services are included in the package
    * Customers can avail of multiple telephone lines
    * Business call rates

Onikage wrote: »
    You would need UPC's SME Professional package (20/1.5), €59 + VAT p.m.

From http://business.upc.ie/products/small_to_medium_enterprises/faqs/

excellent; thanks

Advertisement