Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAD

Options
  • 09-10-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone here suffer from SAD disorder? How do they cope with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭greengiant09

SAD is quite a complex disorder. it can be successfully treated though by cognitive behaviour therapy. check it out on the net, it's been well documented. i can also speak from personal experience. it's a long term therapy so don't expect instant results but gradual recovery. i know of no other treatment that works apart from using medication which really is only for short term use as they can become highly addictive. there is also terrible withdrawal symptoms to worry about. get cracking with the cbt.....do some research to get a feel of exactly what your trying to do here. i could go on for hours and hours there's that much detail surrounding this disorder. feel free to ask me any other questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moving this to Long Term Illness OP, hope you get some more responses here.

Advertisement