Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen Trek 7.6 REWARD

• 10-10-2010 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

100 Euro reward for any info leading to return of bike.
    I know its a complete long shot but said id put this up.
    Tonight Oct 9th I had a blue Trek 7.6fx robbed from outside an apartment on benson st around 10pm. Only had the bike 4 weeks. Only 1 mudguard on the rear wheel and pedal clips are prob the most recognizable things about it. Blue in colour and two bull bars on handle bar.
    Any info please reply.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 timdbarry

No help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

TK_2009_76FX_blue(2).jpg

Does it look like that? Pictures always help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tdsbar

thats the exact one. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Not too many of them around, I'll keep an eye open. Did you have it locked? A bike like that really needs a ulock and a cable lock!

yup had it locked with a kryptonite u lock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Wow, did you have it locked to something? Was the lock there when you went to get your bike? Do you think they used an angle grinder or maybe a bottle jack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 timdbarry

HAd it locked outside facebook building in hannover quay to a pole. Lock was gone with the bike. Absolutely raging about it. Impossible to find a similar bike for good money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'll keep an eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

timdbarry wrote: »
    HAd it locked outside facebook building in hannover quay to a pole. Lock was gone with the bike. Absolutely raging about it. Impossible to find a similar bike for good money.

They hardly lifted it over the pole or lifted the pole itself, some aren't secure in the ground as pointed out by another poster here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

If you know what date/time the bike was stolen, would it be worth contacting Dublin City Council Traffic Dept. and see if their traffic cameras picked up anything? (just a thought)

Sorry: got my Quays mixed up...I guess there are no traffic cameras on Hanover Quay. pity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ast.enthus84

Jesus that's a really nice bike. Personally I wouldn't even buy a lock for a nice bike because I wouldn't ever leave it anywhere out in public without my eye affixed to it.

Hope you find it.

There was three cctv cameras outside the facebook building. the gardai are getting the footage apparently. Dont know what good it will do though.

As for the pole. it seemed pretty sturdy. Must have taking a lot of effort to cut through a u lock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Why would they cut the lock and bring it with them? I've seen a video or a guy with a ladder before lifting the bike over the top of the pole. The thief even unscrews the sign on the pole.

I really hope you get your bike back. I broke a kryptonite lock before. It was my own bike and I had to use a blow torch to break the lock.

Do kryptonite have a guarantee on their lock if its broken?

keep looking at the sites that could sell the bike:
    gumtree, adverts, ebay, donedeal, etc...

Also try and dig out your serial number for the cops

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭doc1976

I pass your building every day on the way to work, strange to have it stolen from there considering the small volume of ppl that go through there.

Don't mean to be jumping on the travellers down the road but have you checked around there. I'd be checking around Ringsend to, especially the park.

Advertisement