Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why won't my router let me logon?

• 10-10-2010 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

I recently purchased an Intellinet 150N 4-Port Router (Model 524445). I am attempting to use it to connect to the internet, but it won't let me logon. I have followed everything in the manual to make sure that I am using the correct default gateway and have double-checked everything numerous times.

However, when the logon screen for the router comes up and I enter the default username and password, the screen simply clears and prompts me to enter my username and password again. It does this twice and then disappears, and I am still not connected to the internet.

I have already taken the original router back to the store and replaced it with a new one, only to get the same result. Furthermore, I have no problems connecting to the internet by going directly through my modem.

What could be causing this problem? Could it be something with my internet security system or firewall?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Are you connecting to the router through a LAN cable on one of the LAN ports?
    Double check the login.

Default is;

Username: admin
    Password: 1234

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Wammo

Yes, from the wall (my apartment building has built-in ethernet, but the tenant has to order the service if they want it) to the WAN port on the router, and from Port 1 to my laptop. Both connections use a LAN cable.

And that's exactly the username and password I've been using. Tried it and numerous variations on it dozens of times by now.

Advertisement