Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tacx Speedmatic T1810 versus Flow T1680

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

I have the T1680 and its really good, I suppose its down to how much and how detailed you want your training to be, I am working to a program so all the info for it is in the computer, watts, HR etc. Plus I have the option to race my mates on it which can cut the boredom although I didnt go for the VR additions yet...........

I would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

i have the t1680 - just finished using it for a light rehab session in fact.

very happy with it - the electronic control/display makes it handy for doing interval sesssion. I'm not sure how well calibrated the power output display is but for relative comparison it does the job.

its worth noting that a garmin hrm will not work with the unit. you need an uncoded polar one.

the ability to upgrade with a vr unit might be handy but i'm not sure i would ever bother.

a garmin unit with a cadence and heart rate sensor combined with the t1810 would pretty much do the same thing if you want to save a bit of money. can't comment as to the general quality of this tacx unit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭albob

Am I correct in my assumtion that the slope/resistance is varied using the electronic control? Can it be programmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

albob wrote: »
    Am I correct in my assumtion that the slope/resistance is varied using the electronic control? Can it be programmed?

you cannot put in pre programmed steps. each variation in resistance requires you to press -> set / arrow x increments / mode. takes only a split second which isn't an issue unless you are doing 10 second intervals and hammering it.

Advertisement