Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damp damage

• 10-10-2010 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have a room which has a damp corner which we are convinced that it is from the leaky shower on the other side of the wall.

My question is, what is the most economical way to fix this problem or what is the only fix if any preferably a quick fix before we have to call a plumber and plasterer. Attached are some photos showing the damage.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    What is the floor made off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

is the shower onto a brick wall? if so knock the tiles as if you're knocking a door, start maybe high up to hear what a solid tile should sound like then keep knocking lower down to hear if the tiles are boast, this means theres damp behind them and are likely to be falling off soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Misterflynn

To answer the first post the floor is made of cement or something of that nature as for the second post
    the wall it is against is plywood or wood of some kind.
    Would a de-humidifier be a good start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I have my suspicions as to that being a leak from a shower the far side of the wall, its unlikely it would be leaking through so high up on the wall. Is this an upstairs room, with one wall an external wall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Misterflynn

No this is a downstairs/ground floor room and it has been like this for many a year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement