Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remix Competition 4 - Sasha

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

splitrmx wrote: »
    Yeah I dislike the original track so much that I find it hard to attempt a remix. :) If I was a professional artist and was being paid that would probably give me a but more of an incentive though. I'll see how I feel over the weekend however.

Just be thankful you haven't been handed Jedward stems (without the auto-tune) for a remix.

I don't mind the original.

It's just listening to a trance riff over and over again for hours can drive you round the bend.

Thanks Cloudsound, my other track just went in the hot list. Crazy stuff.

You should stick with this track. I;m sure Neuro will point out that when you are a pro (you) you wont always like what you have to work with.

Sorry for hijacking the thread:(

Yeah, I've seen - impressive stuff. Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

You should stick with this track. I;m sure Neuro will point out that when you are a pro (you) you wont always like what you have to work with.

Rock your making a mockery of this dance music lark:D

you start making dance music a few weeks ago and already your on the soundcloud hotlist.whats the secret:)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

splitrmx wrote: »
    Yeah I dislike the original track so much that I find it hard to attempt a remix. smile.gif If I was a professional artist and was being paid that would probably give me a but more of an incentive though. I'll see how I feel over the weekend however.

not a fan of the original either ... starting to feel all tranced out of it. For me the quality feedback is more than enough incentive, in addition to listening and learning from all y'all efforts, comments and criticisms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

romarr wrote: »
    not a fan of the original either ... starting to feel all tranced out of it. For me the quality feedback is more than enough incentive, in addition to listening and learning from all y'all efforts, comments and criticisms

+1 on that. Really getting a lot out of this. Mind you, it mightn't actually show in any of the tunes…

• Advertisement

romarr wrote: »

I'm trying to make trying to make a classic trance version. I'm throwing every convention at it I can. I've got a choir angels in there. A bass boom - I'll be working in the snare rolls later.

The thing about trance is everyone's had a overdose of it at some point in their lives. Listening to it on a loop can bring back bad memories.

seannash wrote: »

you start making dance music a few weeks ago and already your on the soundcloud hotlist.whats the secret:)

First Denis makes the top twenty UK club charts. Then Rock makes the Soundclound hotlist.

What's happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭cloudydsound

no don't get me wrong, i used to love that track and still think it stands up....it was in the first bundle of records i ever bought when i first got decks

i just suffer badly from hearing the same thing over for hours, most likely the reason why i have about 100-120 unfinished tracks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

seannash wrote: »

I've no idea, I think I just got lucky. Oh and my uncle is a major shareholder:D

Seriously, I don't know. I'm as baffled as the rest of you.

krd wrote: »
    First Denis makes the top twenty UK club charts. Then Rock makes the Soundclound hotlist.

What's happening?

Ha ha:D

By the way, the new name is Snoop Fiddy.

• Advertisement

no don't get me wrong, i used to love that track and still think it stands up....it was in the first bundle of records i ever bought when i first got decks

i just suffer badly from hearing the same thing over for hours, most likely the reason why i have about 100-120 unfinished tracks!!

I hear ya bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dasdog

I listened to it once but I only listened to the Duderstadt track once. I have a few scraps from yesterday which I binned but I'll put the time aside tomorrow just to get over the finish line. Even if that's second but last or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

my mix http://soundcloud.com/ronan-marr/xpander-expanda-remix

off on holidays tomorrow so doubt i'll be partaking in next weeks ... off to ze nederlands at the crack of dawn, amsterdam dance event for some chaos, then a week of chillaxing on a secluded dutch island - ill check in sunday to see the results

holidays tomorrow hence the wee little airport sample at the start of expanda - courtesy of herr Riemann !

Here's mine http://soundcloud.com/the-noobian-prince/the-noobian-prince-vs-sasha-xpander-reloaded-back-to-future-mix-classic-trance-140bpm

Maybe it could do with a little more work, I've had as much as I take of it for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dasdog

Here's what I did yesterday and managed to destroy today by overwriting a file hence the volume being all over the place. Don't drink (too much) and write.

http://soundcloud.com/dasdog/dj-sasha-xpander-not-on-strike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Locked - will mark these up around mid-day and post next challenge/announce winner!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement