Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hated sections in games

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanob43

All beginnings in all games...wish they would just skip to the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Any kind of race or timed event or the remote control missions in GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Dermighty wrote: »
    Any kind of race or timed event or the remote control missions in GTA.
    In GTA San Andreas one of these missions lead to story progression problems, for quite a few people. The mission with the remote controlled helicopter. It had to be fixed for later editions due to it's severe difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Redlion wrote: »
    In GTA San Andreas one of these missions lead to story progression problems, for quite a few people. The mission with the remote controlled helicopter. It had to be fixed for later editions due to it's severe difficulty.

Is that the one with Zero and you had to defend his radio towers from incoming missles, etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I despised this mission, between the fuel constantly going down and the terrible controls it was impossible, took me weeks to finally beat it

http://youtu.be/AvRF7Kkc5gM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

+1 on that mission. It was hell.

They actuolly updated it later on?

Wasnt dmc 3 extremely hard, so they had to do a rerelease of it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Harps wrote: »
    I despised this mission, between the fuel constantly going down and the terrible controls it was impossible, took me weeks to finally beat it

http://youtu.be/AvRF7Kkc5gM

Feck GTA:SA looks awful in that video...

On topic, anything that uses QTEs, seriously what's the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Any game that has button bashing sections. I'm looking at you God of War.

Didn't read the whole thread,if it's been mentioned before, apologies! I really HATED the nightmare levels in Max Payne. Wrecked my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Mass Effect 3: Scanner-in-built-into-Mako Levels?

How can you hate something about a game that hasn't even been released yet?

Mass Effect 1 - romances. So you can either have a human or an alien that looks like a bald blue human (and who isn't Zhaan from Farscape), BORING!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Demonique wrote: »
    How can you hate something about a game that hasn't even been released yet?

he was making a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

What im getting from this thread is most you people "hate" hard sections, not badly implemented ones.

For me i'd say my most hated section is the entire european level of metal gear 4. Not that its hard (its really, really simple) but because its just so boring. I actually like swimming bits and protect the other person bits if the ai is good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wasnt dmc 3 extremely hard, so they had to do a rerelease of it?

Not really. The japanese version was too easy so they raised the difficulty level for North America. It was then too hard requiring people to grind missions to level up their HP. When it came out in Europe they got the difficulty just right, with the exception of the first boss cerberus who was a total baptism of fire. Think the special edition brought the difficulty in line with the Euro release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I really hated those atrocious missions in San Andreas where you had to make the car dance with hydraulics. And it had to be in time with appearing keys, not very hard but bloody annoying being forced to compete in a glorified minigame. :D Starts around the four and a half minute mark. That music really grates too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ffs, add metroo 2033 the part in D6, where you need to go pass the million of exploding jelly balls!!!! Add an idiot AI, and you got a freaking nightame chapter!!!

i just cant do it anymore i am at my limit of nerdragism!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Harps wrote: »
    The protecting Natalya and Jungle levels in Goldeneye, Natalya for obvious reasons but the Jungle level I was stuck on for an absolute age

My Goldeneye stumbling block was protecting Natalya in Control, nearly lost my mind. I remember it became effortless after spending hundreds of hours unlocking everything in the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 susonjoy

I really enjoy playing games very much because to keep my mind fresh and cool. When I play the games the things that annoy me is the games sound effects. I am not speaking about the all games, but " Angry Birds" game if you take the sound effects really annoy me a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement