Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish alternative to DAP

Options
  • 10-10-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I was looking for information on that plug in DAP for dogs that has been advertised on UK telivision, When i looked into it i found out that it is not availible in Ireland so i was looking for an alternative.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Paul.M92 wrote: »
    I was looking for information on that plug in DAP for dogs that has been advertised on UK telivision, When i looked into it i found out that it is not availible in Ireland so i was looking for an alternative.:confused:

Where have you looked in Ireland? My vets sell them, and I know Dog Training Ireland in Dublin do as well, if you google them in Ireland, theres loads of places to buy them:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

You can buy it online, there's people selling it on Ebay and Amazon and I'm pretty sure most vets stock it.

Here's a place that does it online:

http://www.medicanimal.com/product/~dog-appeasing-pheromone-dap-diffuser/~product_id=289/~category_id=MA-DOGS-BEHAVIOURAL/~root_category_id=MA-DOGS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Paul.M92 wrote: »
    You can order it online if your local vet/petshop dont stock it. But as the previous poster said, its available in Ireland:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Has anyone ever used this for travel sicknesses as a matter of interest?

Has anyone ever used this for travel sicknesses as a matter of interest?

I used it for my RR in the car before, he was very nervous in the car when he was younger and it calmed him down a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I used it for my RR in the car before, he was very nervous in the car when he was younger and it calmed him down a lot.

Was it the spray version or the collar?

Was it the spray version or the collar?
    The spray:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

You can definitely get this in Ireland, most vets will sell it. You won't find it in many pet stores though. I definitely recommend it, have used it occaisionally to help calm my dogs down when they get a little hyped(around halloween its a godsend!) and its great. I used the plug in, and only needed to use it for a few hours at a time, so it lasted for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭theghost

I got the DAP plug in from my vet about 5 years ago and used it for some weeks before Halloween as one of the dogs was very scared by the bangers, but unfortunately it did nothing to calm her down. Strangely, since dog number 3 appeared on the scene 3 years ago the dog in question - while still not happy about bangers going off - has stopped shaking uncontrolably when she hears them. It's as if she doesn't want the younger dog to see how scared she is and makes a real effort to overcome her fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

there is also another product available called kalmaid very effected takes 60-90 minutes to work were as the dap sometimes can take up to 6 weeks to see results. Dap is very good but can be expensive long run, i would recommend kalmaid and see how you get on as in take short car trips and do not feed 2-3 hours before travel

• Advertisement
Advertisement