Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

application keeps installing, even after deletion. advice?

• 10-10-2010 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

Alright, I recently updated titanium backup through the market place and since then, its been trying to install (or at least saying it is) all of the time. After several reboots, I tried to uninstall it but the box to uninstall the app in the market place was greyed out. So I went into settings,application, manage application and tried to uninstall it through that menu. It said it was uninstalled. After a reboot, it still says that it is installing when I access it from the app market even though the app is now missing from the list of apps. It seems to be uninstalled, but when I go back into the market, it still says that it is still installing, despite it not being on my phone.
    No matter what I do, it will not stop saying it is installing. And infact, it's always installing in the market place.
    Anyone got any advice?

Sorry, should have mentioned have a rooted HTC desire with leedroid installed and bright silence theme. Hope that helps me get a solution

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

I am having the same problem, but with the Compass app, so any help from anyone would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Does anyone know of certain processes/applications that could be stopped/killed to stop this from saying it's updating. It's getting frustrating for me now. It seems to be using up my battery a bit more than usual since this started happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Finally got it sorted.
    Went into settings, applications, manage applications. Clicked into the running tab. And in there I killed two running apps. Market update and update. After that I was able to go back into the market and actually start the installation for the app that was stuck on updating/installing.

I stopped the apps while WiFi and mobile data was turned off. It sure if it would have made a difference, but at least you will know what I did. Obviously I turned WiFi back on to go back into the market once the apps were stopped.

Hope it helps

Thanks for the advice but it doesnt seem to be working for me.
    I tried force closing the running services like you suggested but it hasn't worked. Everytime I go back into the Market, Titanium backup still has a (diagonal black/grey) progression bar and says it's still installing. When I click into it, the progression bar is still there (still saying 'installing) and the button at the bottom is greyed out and says it's installing.

The app has been removed from my phone as far as I'm aware, seeing as it's not in the app list on the main menu anymore, but it's annoying the hell out of me.
    I'll try and post some screen shots/photos of my phone to show yous, might make it easier to understand me/what's going on.

Alright. As you can see from the first image, the app is no longer in my list of apps

dsc01676t.jpg

But, when I go into the Market the app is still in my list and it says that it is currently installing. Even when I hold my finger on the app in the market list the only option that pops up is 'details'

dsc01677sy.jpg

When I click on the app in the Market this shows up. The button to uninstall is now greyed out and it still says that it is installing.

dsc01678mc.jpg

Anyone know what to do?

• Advertisement

Alright, I fixed it.
    I went into settings-->Applications-->manage applications-->market and clicked on 'clear data'
    It basically just wiped the market settings etc so that it acted like I was opening the app for the first time. Then it was gone. The app disappeared from my list and my frustration subsided.
    Thanks for the sugeestion though Dacelonid

Here's the link on the Google forums where I found out what to do.
    http://www.google.co.uk/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=4c9ab433a2acc81c&hl=en

Advertisement