Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St.Gerards Novena in Redemptorist Dundalk

Options
  • 10-10-2010 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Hey, any louth Christians going to it? if so what do you think of it? it is supposedly the biggest Novena in Ireland. Masses are on all day too, with a mass on the hour around the clock. Confessions on all day every day with great preachers. Big thing for Louth every year for those interested I suppose. People from all over Ireland are coming to it. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

I'm attending this years, very good speaker last evening, talking about the future of the church and how things should change.
    One observation, the singing isn't as good as last year, not sure why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

I'm attending this years, very good speaker last evening, talking about the future of the church and how things should change.
    One observation, the singing isn't as good as last year, not sure why!

If you are refering to the priest from Limerick at the 6pm service yesterday were everyone applauded him then I have to agree. He was excellent. If he said mass every Sunday more people would go.
    The young priest who usually leads the singing is excellent, he was missing yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

I was at the one with all the different countries that were there. Young priest was funny ''I'm a meath man, and i've been gettin nothing but abuse all week from the louth fans.'' :D

wouldnt be able to attend it everyday though, I'm not one for big crowds, nearly fainted the other day I did. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

TommyT wrote: »
    If you are refering to the priest from Limerick at the 6pm service yesterday were everyone applauded him then I have to agree. He was excellent. If he said mass every Sunday more people would go.
    The young priest who usually leads the singing is excellent, he was missing yesterday evening.

That's the same priest alright, 6pm Sunday, the young prist that you mentioned was there every day that I was there last year, but so far this year I haven't heard him "perform":) He is very good, maybe that's why I thought the singing was better last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

He can sing alright. The priest who preached on Sunday evening, sang at the 10 o`clock novena last night. He was excellent, as good a singer as he is a talker. Last night was the first night we got a seat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement