Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"It is even possible..."

• 10-10-2010 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

Is "Es incluso posible que.." the correct way to say "Its even possible that..."

Or should I say "Es posible que... incluso."

Thanks if you can help me :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

What's the context here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RHRN wrote: »
    Is "Es incluso posible que.." the correct way to say "Its even possible that..."

This could be correct.
    RHRN wrote: »
    Or should I say "Es posible que... incluso."

This is never correct.

As Allandanyways says it depends on the context of the sentence. There may be easier/better ways to say it depending on what you are trying to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I would have thought something like "También/todavia, es posible que..." would work or maybe even "Sea posible que...".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GAZ 1

Halloween Jack would be correct there.

I would say either:

También, es posible que...

or

Todavía, es posible que...

(es incluso posible que... doesnt sound correct to me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I would have thought something like "También/todavia, es posible que..." would work or maybe even "Sea posible que...".

Exactly. This is what I was saying the thing about the context for.

@OP: If you are uncertain of the possibility of what it is you're trying to say/it's a prediction/unknown etc, use the second one, the subjunctive.

If you're suggesting one possible outcome (i.e it's one or the other, one option out of 3 certain outcomes) use the indicative.

As I said, depends heavily on context. I can't even explain it properly without knowing what you're trying to say but that would be a general idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement