Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do you feed your cats?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I've always bought Lidl Coshida cat food for my cat, she likes it and of course it's a great price. I've just noticed that they've added Taurine to it now, as well as the Vitamin A, D and E, plus Copper. So this has to be a good thing, I think Taurine is essential for cats. Strangely the added Taurine is only in the cans sold separately, not the cans in the 6 pack.

Lidl have a special offer on large (820g) cat food cans now, 2 cans of Opticat for €1.50: http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.wfo.p.Catfood_Chunks

Just while I'm here can I say the recommend amount on all the cans is way too much. My cat is 3kg and I feed her half a can per day, in 2 separate meals. Any more than this and she puts on weight. As someone has already said, this stuff is like heroin/crack to cats, she'll happiily eat far more if I give it to her.

I'm glad to see there's a new feeding guide on the Lidl cat food cans, thats much better and more accurate. It shows varied feeding amounts according to weight, it correctly advises about 250g for my 3kg cat.

Advertisement