Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hydrotherapy

Options
  • 10-10-2010 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried hydrotherapy for your dog? I have an elderly GSD cross that has arthritis and I think she might benefit from it.
    Also, can anyone recommend where to go? I’m in Co Louth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Think there's one in Blanchardstown area, might be worth Googling it.
    No harm in giving it a try it would take the pressure off the joints.
    If she likes water anyway then would def. be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭micheleabc

Blanchardstown Canine Hydrotherapy Centre
    Dublin - Canine Hydrotherapy page
    1 The Mews Blanchardstown Village 15 Co. Dublin
    Phone number : (01)8219401
    (01)8219452
    They also have a web site, follow the link:
    http://blanchcanine.goldenpages.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

You're in luck. There's in excellent Canine Physiotherapist in Grangebellew in Co.Louth and she has a hydrotherapy pool. Her name is Kay and her number is 0872175888.

Hope it goes well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Think there's one in Blanchardstown area, might be worth Googling it.
    No harm in giving it a try it would take the pressure off the joints.
    If she likes water anyway then would def. be worth a try.
    micheleabc wrote: »
    Blanchardstown Canine Hydrotherapy Centre
    Dublin - Canine Hydrotherapy page
    1 The Mews Blanchardstown Village 15 Co. Dublin
    Phone number : (01)8219401
    (01)8219452
    They also have a web site, follow the link:
    http://blanchcanine.goldenpages.ie/
    Thanks to both of you:)
    merryhappy wrote: »
    You're in luck. There's in excellent Canine Physiotherapist in Grangebellew in Co.Louth and she has a hydrotherapy pool. Her name is Kay and her number is 0872175888.

Hope it goes well :)
    Thats great thanks, I'll give her a call tomorrow.:)
    Have you used her services yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Thats great thanks, I'll give her a call tomorrow.:)
    Have you used her services yourself?

No problem :) Yeah we've been out with her a good few times. My dog has hip dysplasia and she had her hip replaced at the start of the summer. I brought her to hydrotherapy before the op to build up the muscle and just to keep her active.

Kay is lovely and it's a lovely pool, nice and relaxing for the dog as it isn't clinical like the vets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

As far as i know, the one in Blanch has to be referred to from your vet as i rang up before and they would only take you if you got a referral letter from your vet.

If your dog has Arthritis then your vet should have no problem organising a letter for you but give the clinic a call and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

UCD have a hydro unit. Also on a referral basis though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

merryhappy wrote: »
    No problem :) Yeah we've been out with her a good few times. My dog has hip dysplasia and she had her hip replaced at the start of the summer. I brought her to hydrotherapy before the op to build up the muscle and just to keep her active.

Kay is lovely and it's a lovely pool, nice and relaxing for the dog as it isn't clinical like the vets!
    Ah that sounds perfect:)
    andreac wrote: »
    As far as i know, the one in Blanch has to be referred to from your vet as i rang up before and they would only take you if you got a referral letter from your vet.

If your dog has Arthritis then your vet should have no problem organising a letter for you but give the clinic a call and see what they say.
    Yes I saw that, its a bit different from back home in Sweden where they have pools for dogs everywhere and you can go without getting a referral letter.

But as you said there shouldnt be a problem to get referred by my vet.
    anniehoo wrote: »
    UCD have a hydro unit. Also on a referral basis though.
    Great thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Theres a women in the coolock aera as well, dont know her number im afraid but I can pm you her Name if you are still looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Theres a women in the coolock aera as well, dont know her number im afraid but I can pm you her Name if you are still looking.

Is that still going, because I haven't been able to find details about her for a while now. A few months ago someone was looking for hydrotherapy in North Dublin and I mentioned her, but we couldn't find her anywhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement