Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched to 3 on unlocked phone - how can I access planet3?

Options
  • 10-10-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

Ok so title should be fairly clear.

Bought a Samsung Galaxy S online sim free as it was far cheaper than in store.

I've moved to Three PAYG and ported my number if this has any relevance.

I'd like to be able to access planet 3 and the 500mb package I've bought this month. I cant see any where on the phone where I can enter those details or get Planet3.

Called tech support and they suggested taking the sim out and putting it back then going to internet settings and waiting to be prompted for a configuration download. Didnt happen naturally.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

My bad, but this is also a network issue rather than a direct Android one.

Move?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's not a network or android issue, it's a configuration one, input the isp setting that Davy linked to above and you should be up and running then.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67126811&postcount=57

This post was far better tbh. Had more of hte fields accounted for.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Boards.ie worked in less than an hour after the rest of the internet failed.

Much love!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

just as a matter of interest - which website did you buy from?

• Advertisement

eBay 400€. Some guy who was offered an upgrade and didnt want it. Saved me nearly 100€ on getting it in the shop.

I did all the maths, and I dont use my phone enough to go bill pay, so couldnt take advantage of a contract.

Advertisement