Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder/bank won't close on house

Options
  • 10-10-2010 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I signed contracts for a house in April, handed over the deposit, mortgage is sorted everything is good to go our side of it. Turns out that the bank now own the house and they are in a dispute with the architect over his fee to sign off that the house is compliant. Im ringing the builder and my solicitor constantly trying to push things on but nothing is moving. Supposedly once this document is signed it will be closed in a matter of days.Is there anyone with a bit more knowledge of how these things work and what can be done if anything.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would seriously consider pulling out and buying another cheaper house. Apart from that suggestion you need to get and carefully consider advice from your solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Tepo

Did you try approaching the architect yourself ? You might get a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Why didn't your solicitor get the architects certificate before getting you to sign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 triskellion

Talk to your solicitor about initiating "specific performance" on the contract. If you're in a position to close and they're delaying, interest will most likely be chargable.
    Once they see it's costing them money, the brinkmanship on architects fees (which is what this sounds like) will evaporate more quickly.
    Best of luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

EEEEKKKKK thats a bad one whats happened since

Derry

• Advertisement
Advertisement