Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Lost My Payment

Options
  • 10-10-2010 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

I regularly top-up my phone via my Bank Account online and usually it goes through in about an hour.

Last Thursday at 6pm I topped up by €20.00 but after an hour I still hadn't received a text from Meteor to confirm the top-up. I went online to my Bank Account and saw the €20.00 had left my account so I called Meteor. I spoke to a girl who said the money wasn't showing at their end and she would have to look into it. But she could see on my account that I had not registered my phone with them and said if I did that, I'd automatically get €5.00 credit. I did that and the credit came in within 10 minutes to my phone.

She than said to fax a copy of my bank statement to them showing the payment made to Meteor, with the date and the amount, and to also include my name, address and mobile number. I don't have a fax in my home and when I asked if I could email a copy, she had to go away and ask someone. She came back with an email address and I sent off the statement (I had to blank everything below the Meteor payment) with the details. She told me sorting this out could take up to 72 hours.

The next day, someone emailed me and said she'd received the bank statement and could I now email them my PIN and also the 12 digit number printed on the back of my SIM card. She said it was in the interest of "privacy of your account and comply with Data Protection legislation". I gave her the information she asked for.
    Today, a guy sent me an email with the following:
    Thank you for contacting Meteor.
    I have reviewed your account and unfortunately can find no record of this online top up as yet. I would suggest you ensure that you selected the correct network and mobile number when making this transaction.

If this is all correct, can I ask you to please forward us a copy of your bank statement showing the date, time, mobile number and amount. This can be sent by Post, Fax or scanned and attached to an email.

Once received, we will verify that Meteor have received this payment and once confirmed, I will arrange to credit your Meteor account.
    After all, I may be too stupid to remember my network and mobile number:mad::mad::mad: I have just replied now and re-sent the statement and mentioned she had already received it 2 days ago.

Has anyone else had this experience with networks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

cardol wrote: »

Has anyone else had this experience with networks?

You're not exactly the first person to mention 'issues' when it comes to Meteor's billing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

wernstrom! wrote: »
    You're not exactly the first person to mention 'issues' when it comes to Meteor's billing.

Yes, I've been reading the posts:rolleyes: most other people seem to have problems with their DD billing. Meteor need to get their act together;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I use billpay.ie to pay them. They have cut me off on a few occasions claiming I did not pay. Even after I sent them screenshots of my online banking showing the payments are made. Pack of clowns. I have had problem after problem since moving to billed service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

Monday @ 4pm

Meteor finally found my payment and credited my phone:rolleyes: It only took them 4 days:rolleyes:

They have now sent an apologetic email offering me €10.00 credit as a gesture of goodwill.

....and they've done it again :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Not sticking up for them, probably the same as any other company, if you choose a payment or top up method that's a third party (billpay.ie,Post office) and not them directly (meteor.ie) payments take time to clear, authorise and transfer.

Did you ask your bank if meteor received your top up?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Not sticking up for them, probably the same as any other company, if you choose a payment or top up method that's a third party (billpay.ie,Post office) and not them directly (meteor.ie) payments take time to clear, authorise and transfer.

Did you ask your bank if meteor received your top up?

My point is, I paid my UPC bill last Friday via internet banking, money came straight out of my account, however the payment was received by them Wednesday.

The previous bill I paid on UPC.ie and was applied straight away.

They have cut me off without notifying me. Very poor way of dealing with customers. If the problem is billpay.ie not passing the money on properly then I can't be the only person this is happening to. They (Meteor) need to sort out whatever the problem is, as its their customers that will get pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If I were you I would lodge a formal complaint with the bank too.

That should put the wind up Meteor. Often the banks' are pretty aggressive about investigating these things compared to mobile phone companies as they actually do care about the integrity of their transaction networks.

Effectively the bank transferred money and it's vanished. That's not good enough.

I far prefer paying by Visa Debit where possible as there's a robust system of charge-backs should any retailer screw it up.

Advertisement