Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find Star Wars? shops? Fairs?

Options
  • 10-10-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Ok i know you can search for hours on places like ebay, adverts and other webs sites. But there is nothing quit like walking into a shop full of vintage toys or a fair and filling the nostalgia of your childhood. The prob with online shopping for vintage collectable is sometimes when it comes its not in as good condition as you thought. i bought some spares the other day and they stunk of smoke and looked like they had been dipped in tar and just rinse off with some bog water. Or the thing you bought actual dosnt have oringinal accessorie but repro. Which i personal just think distroys the whole point of collecting in the 1st place. Finding that 1 item you've been missing is what it is all about.
    Any way i was hope i could use this forum to find and advertise any shops or toy Fairs where you can find Not only Star Wars collectables but Any vintage Toys that Just give us a bit of exscapism for a few hours a week/ month.
    SO IF YOU KNOW OF ANY TOY FAIRS, SHOPS, SWAP MEETS IN YOUR AREA JUST LET US KNOW AND POST HERE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭tro81

ok ive started a thead under toys and games.
    you can always pick up star wars collectables at these events. feel free to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056058054click the link
    or just search this sight for toy fairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Nemesis Prime

Dublin City Comics and Collectables in Bolton street has tonnes of old and new Star Wars figs for sale. Some are loose but complete in baggies while others are carded or boxed vehicles. Ranging from Original '77 figs up to recent Vintage style packaging. Some Model kits and Statues too.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000132977176

that great thanks, ill have to have a look next time im in the city

all going well there will be a toy fair on sun the 5th dec at the clarion hotel, liffey valley, dublin 22 . starts 10:30-3:30. there will be star wars, transformers, he-man, thunder cats and much more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Invasion Dublin

Hi Tro81

Be sure to check out Invasion.ie - It's a Star Wars fan event which took place twice last year and comes back to Dublin this Easter in the RDS

• Advertisement

so invasion do you have many stall booked for this year? As last year i turn up and was very disappointed. You only had a handful of stall with only one selling the toys. most of that was what you can buy in the shops.
    So really want to know, will you have a good selection this year. Alot of the event you goto in the uk have masses of stall from modern to vintage star wars.

check out the event on Saturday May 21st from 10am-6pm in Wynn's Hotel, Dublin. Admission is free so no excuse for dropping in and having a look. going to be a lot of cool stuff there.

HERE A POSTER OF THE EVENT

comicmartA3.jpg?psid=1

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

The Clontarf Toy fair is on this sunday at Clontarf castle. I'm hoping that will have some Star Wars stuff, both vintage and maybe even some of the new vintage style figures. I would highly recommend it to you as there will be a lot of vintage toys there. The admission is roughly around four or five in, but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭49ers fan

@ Nephilim wolf, I have some of the new 'vintage style' figures for sale on Adverts.ie, if your interested, Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭49ers fan

Heres a pic...........

thanks nephilim wolf, going to the one on sat in city center. (dublin comic and toy Mart) as i know there will be star wars there, both new and old. Plus its free to get in

303255_154577864631735_100002385662970_278957_1627001846_n.jpg

SAT 15th October is the Dublin comic and toy mart at the wynn's Hotel, Abbey St, dublin city center. Door open at 10 til 6 with free entrance. with competition through out the day.

On the Sun 16th October the model and collectors fair will be held at the clarion hotel, liffey vallay, dublin 22. Doors will be open from 10:30-3:30

there is loads going on adverts at the mo. but the clontarf fairs is on this sunday and the the liffey valley toy fair is the 4th dec. you'll find star wars im sure.

Advertisement