Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Automotive Bicycle Transportation Devices

• 10-10-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭

So just pulled out my Automotive Bicycle Transportation Device (ABTD) or bike rack as winter is coming fast I think dismantleing my bike and carrying it in the back seat is becoming less and less desirable.

This be it....
    speed_shl.jpg (link).
    I used use it on my van but just put it on my car for the first time. I'm wondering what people use to stop the pedal hitting/scraching the car during transportation.
    As I once lost a rack while driving (little damage so all good) I'm always nervous using these things so I'm looking for any hints or tips people have. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

I use tea towels for wrapping colliding parts and old tubes for extra fastening.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

A childs or woman woolen glove over the offending pedal, works a treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Misty May

You could use a soft thick pair of socks, that would do the trick.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭cosman9373

turn the inside pedal up(away from contact with car) and tie rear wheel to the frame. then tie the handlebars back to the carrier. does the trick for me.

Advertisement