Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSÍ: Murder on East 51st Street

• 10-10-2010 6:05pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was looking through the RTÉ player for something to watch and found a documentary that was on the other night about a Clare woman who was killed in New York and her cousin's search for his extended family, I thought it was very good and thought some of you might like it :)

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1081858

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

I happened upon it on TV last Monday night. Very moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Thats Diarmuid macs (the hurler)father,Eugene from kilmaley,i Belive he is now a retired school teacher.

Yes Golfball,it is very moving.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I didn't want to name the family :)

Diarmaid is on the team, Conor is on the panel, Brian was on the minor team that won the All Ireland in '97, Claire and Helen are on the Clare camoige team.
    1 of the brothers is the of Eoin former Clare hurler.
    The other brother is the farther of Seanie Max, 1 of the best centre backs ever to play the game.
    1 of the sisters is Alan Markham's mother.

Pity the woman was murdered in New York, could have cost another Clare legend :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Thanks for posting that up.

He was one of my teachers in primary school, i went to school with Helen and Conor briefly(his kids) and his wife was my German teacher in secondary school. Lovely family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Eugene was honored with his fellow teamates for the 25 year winning club at yesterdays county final...... Kilmaley bt Eire og that year by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Was there another programme on last night called Banner Bomb, about some explosion (possibly IRA) that happened in Clare back in the day?

found it

Advertisement