Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training group Cobh/Carrightwohill

• 10-10-2010 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Is there many on here from the Cobh/Carrightwohill area that would be interested in getting a group together for the winter on Saturday and Sundays to train for 2011 racing season?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Hey abbeyside1, What pace/distances are you looking at? I'm based in Riverstown so am in the right area....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 abbeyside1

I suppose starting off around 2.5/3 hrs at 17/18mph average building up to 4/5 hrs at 20/21mph in Febuary.How does that sound?

Whats with all this MPH? Are you running or cycling?:pac:

I have had a busy summer and am not as bike fit as I would like to be but I reckon I can rise to that, I'm hitting those averages on short spins.
    Any interest in a mid week spin the weather is cracking till Friday. I wont be around for the next 2/3 weekends but can meet up then for a blast.

I'm old school,still do all my spins in miles and mph!!I'm not back on the bike for another 2 weeks after my end of season break so we can arrange something then.Send me a PM when your around in a few weeks.Isn't Riverstown over on the far side of Glanmire by the way?

Yep, I'm about 5 'miles' from Carrigtwohill, like I said I may be below your ideal pace but at the mo but sure I'll give it a bouldwhack any way.... nothing like motivation to motivate me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

Have you raced before?
    There are quite a few, very good cyclists living in the Cobh area.
    But they are a deadly serious crew:eek: Nice enough dudes, but they don't suffer fools galdly:eek:
    So if your bike handling skills are up to scratch, perhaps I can put you in contact with some of them.

Happy Cycling:)

All sounds a bit deadly serious to me, might suit Abbeyside1 though....

Have you raced before?
    There are quite a few, very good cyclists living in the Cobh area.
    But they are a deadly serious crew:eek: Nice enough dudes, but they don't suffer fools galdly:eek:
    So if your bike handling skills are up to scratch, perhaps I can put you in contact with some of them.

I'm cycling 23 years and have raced 20 of those years,so I'd say I'm ok that way,I'd say I know most of the lads your talking about and used to train with them a few winters back but since they joined the new team in Cork they tend to go in there to train instead.I presume its the like of JO'B and MF you were talking about or is there anyone else I don't know about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

There are a few others, that would be slightly less hardcore.
    One guy is a vet, who rides mostly S3 races
    If you PM me your contact details, I will see if I can hook you up.

Will do that so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement