Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire One LCD Screen

• 10-10-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I have a screen from an Aspire One 150, i would like to incorperate it into a home made media setup.

I need help with the pinouts of the screen and which ones i could use to either convert it to a VGA output or use the default LVDS connector.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Dremel Time! :D Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Funkiwi75

can anyone tell me if the inverter is on the back of the screen? if it is grand if not then this project will go no further with this screen. i have been able to fine the pin outs but not where the inverter is

Is the back naked or does it look like this?

http://lappyshopper.com/wp/wp-content/gallery/23/p2180496.jpg

That pic has an inverter in there... somewhere... :confused::o

Thanks Solitaire that is the exact screen i have. below is the link to the spec sheet i found
    http://www.laptoplcdweb.co.uk/datasheets/B084SN03.pdf

Not good :o Like most small panels it uses ultra-low-power LVDS signalling (in this case 6bit) which is completely different from TMDS (10bit) which is the usual digital standard for video transmission (DVI/HDMI). I have no idea as to how to convert between them; there must be a magical McGuffin inside laptops which does it (they all use LVDS IIRC) and I have no idea of how to imitate it :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

might be easier to use the whole laptop
    playback stuff on it or remote desktop to view the box that is playing

Thanks for your input. I'm going to put that project on hold for now.

There are LVDS>DVI controllers out there but they're few and far between, industrial-oriented modules that start at €70 plus shipping and mcguffins :(

Advertisement