Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poland in Janurary

Options
  • 10-10-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys, I know this isn't about languages but I thought where better to ask than here............

I'm hoping to take a week off work to pay a surprise visit to some friends I have in Poland in Janurary! I'm just wondering what it is likely to be like over there then?
    I know it will be cold but will snow and ice make getting around difficult??
    I'm planning on going to Gdansk, Sopot and Gdynia up in the north, I was there once before and loved it!!

Any advice would be very welcome!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Hi Alan

This will get you started
    http://guide.trojmiasto.pl/
    (Click the Union Jack flag to change the lingo)
    Regards
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Januszek

January is one of the coldest month in whole year, I'm guessing that on 90% you will meet snow and ice.
    If you will be driving that may be experience of your life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

No I will not be driving, trains and buses only!! Would there be much to do around the tri-city at that time of year?? Does everything close because it's not the turist season? Are there many bars and clubs??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement